Position: Python Mid Senior Engineer Django REST FastAPI at awesome SaaS
Compensation: $90,000 – $160,000
Accolades: Best in Biz Silver Award – Fastest Growing Company in USA (under 99 employees)
Who is Lead Sherpa?
Company Core Values: Respect, Integrity, Drive, Innovation
Our MISSION is to empower real estate professionals and help guide them to success. Our VISION is to create the most powerful lead and data management technology suite in the real estate industry, and we are well on our way.
Lead Sherpa’s office is located in Denver, Colorado, however, we are also a fully remote team strategically positioned across the Western Hemisphere and operating with a high level of autonomy and trust. Our focus is on creating a dynamic, positive, and supportive work environment where our team members can grow and thrive.
Schedules are flexible as long as deadlines are hit. Our team takes full ownership of every project—not only do they work well independently without supervision, but they also work well within the team ecosystem. Our company culture cultivates a feeling of camaraderie and a sense of belonging and direction. Every team member knows exactly what our targets are, where we are going, and how we will get there.
Team members enjoy company-sponsored health care, a flexible time-off policy, and are eligible for a 401(k) retirement plan with generous company matching contributions. We take ownership of our roles and we are treated with respect, creating an ideal work environment for everyone to thrive. The team is always supported with the necessary resources and training to accomplish their goals and grow professionally.
We are always searching for more A-Players to join our team. If Lead Sherpa sounds like the place for you to put your drive and skills to good use, please let us know.
Position Details: Back-end Developer
Lead Sherpa is looking for mid-and senior-level engineers to join our engineering team with specific experience in Django, REST Framework, and other python-based web frameworks implementing industry best practices. Experience with analogous technologies (e.g. MVC . NET, Spring, Rails) will be considered as long as command of python and web principles are strong. New services are being built as microservices and using newer frameworks like FastAPI and dataclasses, as well as potentially Golang for higher performance applications. Data normalization across synchronous and asynchronous systems is essential, with JSON Schema, OpenAPI, and related technologies being leveraged to that end. Experience with containers is essential, and experience with container orchestration is preferred.
- Maintain current project standards and offer suggestions for future improvement.
- Build out new features using our existing stack as well as emerging technologies.
- Strong focus on building out well-documented, tested, resilient code to improve agility/stability of our products
- Be a good communicator and express your concerns or need for elaboration on requirements
- 3+ years of experience working with Django and Django REST Framework
- 3+ years of experience working with RESTful APIs
- 3+ years of working with Celery, Prefect, or other task management tools
- 1+ years of experience implementing asynchronous systems using WebSockets and other message queuing and/or pub/sub-technologies
- 1+ years of experience building 12-factor applications, container images, and orchestrating a stack in both development and deployment environments
- PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, and RabbitMQ experience preferred
- Strong preference for and experience with object-oriented programming
- Believer in DRY principles
- Experience with auto-generated documentation
- Experience with building an oauth2 service for outside applications
- Comfortable working with many 3rd party services
- A strong desire for continuous improvement and taking great pride in what you build
- Attention to detail and desire to build out clean and beautiful code that future developers will enjoy
US Team Members
- Company-sponsored health insurance, vision, and dental
- 401(k) with company match
International Team Members
- Company contribution to health insurance expenses, as needed
All Team Members
- Fully remote and flexible schedule
- Flexible and generous PTO policy
- $2,000 home office/hardware gift – equipment is yours to keep!
- Individualized paid coaching/growth training