About the role:
🚗 Jerry, ranked by Linkedin as One of the Top 50 technology startups, is expanding our Remote Freelance Writer team! Here is what people say about our culture: “A culture of transparency and freedom;” “Helpful, light-hearted, supportive, flexible;” “Ideas are constantly being shared and considered on all levels and things that are brought up are addressed promptly.” Our team is ~250 people and growing.
Learn more here: https://techcrunch.com/2021/08/10/jerry-raises-75m-at-a-450m-valuation/; https://getjerry.com/newsroom/jerry-named-a-linkedin-2021-top-startup
Our customers often come to us with tough questions about one of their most expensive assets – their car. How do you put someone on your car insurance? How can you tell if a car needs an oil change? When should you check your tire pressure? These aren’t minor questions; our customers look to us for answers to make informed decisions about their personal finance and management of their assets.
These answers require research, knowledge, and understanding. Jerry is seeking natural, engaging writers devoted to helping our customers comprehend complex subjects. We’re looking for writers who will play a crucial role in scaling our organic content across our website, social media channels, ad networks, affiliates, and partner sites to continue driving our audience reach and user growth. We want to build a library of helpful articles that provides valuable insights and information to our customers. This position reports to our senior editors.
We offer a starting salary of $20 per hour, however, this is open to negotiation.
How you’ll make an impact:
– Writing engaging and insightful editorial content that will inform our readers, help them make important decisions about their finances, and provide long-lasting value
– Researching and fact-checking highly sought-after topics across personal finance, insurance, and car and home-related subject matter
– Adhering to our brand guidelines across all digital media platforms
– Tracking and analyzing content performance to continue driving visibility across search and social channels
– Bachelor Degree in any discipline, preferably in a writing-intensive major (e.g. Journalism, Communications, English Literature, Media, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, etc)
– Impeccable writing skills including the ability to harness style, tone, and voice to appeal to your target audience
– Strong attention to detail; ability to conduct thorough and meticulous research
– Strong command of the written English language and an eye for how details can make a big impact
Jerry is building the first Super App to save car owners time and money on all their car expenses. Drivers deserve better. That’s why we’re committed to making shopping for insurance, financing, maintenance, repairs, parking and more just a few clicks, texts, or swipes away.
Jerry is taking processes that haven’t substantively changed in decades and reimagining and redesigning them. Using artificial intelligence, machine learning and bots, Jerry eliminates the need for long forms and phone calls while providing personalized services for all car-owners’ needs.
Today, Jerry is the #1 rated and most downloaded app in its category and the fastest way to compare and buy car insurance. We have more than 1M customers and we are just getting started. Join our team of curious and passionate people who love tackling real-world problems and be a part of building a revolutionary product that’s disrupting a massive market.
Jerry was founded in 2017 by serial entrepreneurs and has raised more than $130 million in financing.