This is a fully remote, online math tutoring position. Pay is $22/hour and scheduling is flexible. IvyMath is hiring dynamic and engaging math tutors to work 1-on-1 in live, online tutoring sessions with our students in grades 3 – 8. This position is perfect for college students, graduate students, substitute teachers, or anyone who loves math and teaching young kids. IvyMath tutors can live anywhere in the United States.
You’ll be working remotely with students grades 3-8 as a math tutor, teaching math in a clear and fun way in 30 minutes online sessions. Our tutors work virtually, with one student at a time for 30 minutes. We do not teach students in groups. All curriculum, lesson plans, and student scheduling is handled by our math managers. You don’t need to do any prep work – all you need to do is show up and teach.
In addition to tutoring, you’ll communicate with IvyMath managers to discuss each student’s progress, and you will record monthly update videos for parents.
We are looking for a commitment of at least 10 hours per week. Tutors set their schedules based on their availability, but availability must remain mostly consistent week to week each semester. Math tutoring sessions run online Monday-Friday, 2 pm-7:45 pm EST each day. This is a fully remote position.
- Must have previous K-12 math tutoring or teaching experience
- Must have a dynamic personality and an ease working virtually with kids – a sense of humor is preferable.
- Must have very strong math fundamentals (Math SAT of 700+ or equivalent) and be able to pass the IvyMath math literacy test
- Must be able to teach math to kids in a clear and fun way
- Must have a computer and reliable hi-speed internet service
- Must be punctual and have good time management skills
- Must be a current undergrad student or older