English Transcript Editor Description
We are looking for contract transcriptionists/editors to transcribe recorded audio and edit imperfect transcription using our proprietary internet-based software application. Since all transcription work is performed remotely, you will need a good computer and a high speed internet connection. As a contract transcriptionist/editor, you would decide which projects to accept, how much you work, and when and where you perform your work. To be a good candidate, you need to be able to provide expert transcribing services independently and be able to provide a quick turnaround on a finished work product (as a given project may require). In addition to the qualifications below, you are required to take and pass a series of proficiency tests to demonstrate your transcription skills prior to being engaged as a contract transcriptionist/editor.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent command of English usage, grammar, and punctuation
- Experience with computer word processing
- Typing ability of at least 75 wpm
- Proficiency with internet research and reference resources
- Ability to manage projects and work independently
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel or spreadsheet applications
- Strong technical proficiency with computers and computer applications
- PC or Mac
- Minimum 2.0GHz processor, 4GB RAM, 5GB available disk space
- High speed internet connection with a minimum of 10 Mbps download speed for optimal performance (you can test your connection at a site https://www.speedtest.net/server/likewww)
- Regular access to email
Remote – you can work from anywhere in the United States with an internet connection!
Project-based; depending on your efficiency.