We are Pixellu, a software company on a mission to simplify professional photographers’ lives. We are seeking a talented, detail-oriented individual to join our accounting team.
🚀 ABOUT PIXELLU
At Pixellu, we know professional photographers are frustrated with all of the tedious work required to run a successful photography business. Many get so overwhelmed, they end up quitting on their dream of having a photography career. That is why we create easy-to-use, time-saving software that simplify photographers’ lives, so that they can spend less time in front of the computer and get back to doing what they love.
Pixellu was co-founded in 2010 by two wedding photographers. Faced with the challenges of long hours and endless tasks, we began asking ourselves, “How can we save valuable time, make more money, and get our lives back?” Our answer was technology. We started Pixellu with the idea that we could make money by providing an honest service that helped photographers save time and live more fulfilling lives. We believed that, by focusing on a great product and great service, we could build a business that not only does good, but also does well.
Team happiness is a priority at Pixellu and we are happy to say that our eNPS score is 92! Today, we are a team of 40+ team members spread across 10 countries, serving tens of thousands of photographers in over 100 countries.
Learn more about us and why you’ll love working at Pixellu here: https://vimeo.com/405889874
🤓 YOUR ROLE
The Accountant role is critical to our financial operations. You will help run our Accounting department, working independently with minimal direction from our CFO. This position requires a solution-oriented problem-solver who will accurately manage financial matters in a timely manner. You need to know Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), be excellent at bookkeeping, and be willing to wear multiple hats. Your job will include:
- Performing the month-end close process:
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and related analyses in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare and review journal entries, transactions, monthly accruals, and expense allocations.
- Reconciliation: Bank, Stripe, Chargebee, and crypto.
- Financial Analysis: Analyze financial data and provide insights.
- Record Keeping: Maintain accurate financial records.
- Budgeting: Assist in budget preparation and monitoring.
- Forecasts: Build revenue and expense forecast models.
- Financial Reporting:
- Generate reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Respond to information requests related to the preparation of federal and state income tax returns.
- Update and maintain the general ledger.
- Payroll: Prepare and review payroll, and approve for disbursement.
Aside from the standard job description, here are the qualities that we value most in a candidate:
- Excellent written English
- 4 to 7 years of proven work experience in Accounting and/or Bookkeeping
- Prior accounting experience with SAAS companies
- Knowledge of industry software:
- Work with little to no supervision and direction
- Attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication
- Knowledgeable in USA tax code
- Problem-solving abilities
- Positive attitude
- You are comfortable in a growth-stage company, willing to wear multiple hats and take on responsibility
- You are self-driven and take initiative to improve existing processes and create new systems as the organization grows
- You are proactive and have strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail in planning, organization, and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another
We have “required online hours” between 8-10 a.m. Pacific Time. We use this time to ensure that all team members’ schedules overlap so that we are available for meetings and real-time communication. Outside of those hours, you are free to work at whatever time of day suits you best.
- Work from anywhere
- Competitive salary based on experience level and your local cost of living considerations
- Participation in our Profit-Sharing program based on seniority and role
- Paid parental leave
- 22 Paid Time Off (PTO) days
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit airtable.com