The team is currently located in Toronto, but we’re adding full time remote team members in North America. We don’t have strict working hours but will expect you to generally be available during the Eastern Time work day.
- Write code like everyone’s watching. Your commits should be exemplars for how the rest of the team should approach problems—clear, well-tested, performant, and easy to review.
- Tackle hard problems and deliver complete solutions that track to your estimates.
- Mentor extensively on both the technical and process aspects of our development work. Your ability to break down work and spot issues early should be legendary, and your collaboration should make the entire organization faster, better, stronger.
- Take initiative working with other teams and functions to drive important changes through for our users and our colleagues, and spot places where we can work smarter without having to be asked.
- Prioritize well and help others on the team sort through what work is the most important, and help them stay focused.
- Help recruit new members to the team by maintaining your professional network and participating in our direct recruiting efforts.
- You are a seasoned developer with 6+ years of experience working in object-oriented languages.
- You are adept at distributed systems architecture and design and/or complex application development in modern frontend frameworks. Whether you focus on the frontend, the backend, or the full stack, you’re an expert who’s always developing your craft.
- You’re well versed in agile engineering practices (testing, continuous delivery, etc.)
- You are a pragmatic problem solver who cares about doing things the right way.
- You value ownership and run to trouble. When you see problems, you make sure they’re dealt with, rather than sweeping them under the rug.
- You’re about understanding and solving real business problems (and not just writing code for the sake of writing code).
- A strong understanding of relational and non-relational databases and interacting with them through abstractions or raw queries.
- Having worked at a small company, or, better yet, having grown with a company that’s scaled from small to large and understanding the engineering requirements of an organization at each growth stage.
- Experience in the ecommerce sector or in two-sided markets.
To apply for this job, please visit hubba.bamboohr.com.