Nearcut Front-end Developer Position
We are the industry leader in online booking and marketing software for barbers. Barbershops often don’t have the capacity to attract business online and organise their time – on top of providing their barbering service. We provide booking and marketing software to enable business owners to easily take bookings online, manage their time and market to their customers.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a Front-end Developer to take responsibility of implementing our new design system & landing pages in HTML/SCSS. You will join a small team dedicated to building impactful and beautiful software.
As a Front-end Developer, you will collaborate closely with our technical founder, two full stack developers and a designer. Your work will impact millions of customers and help us continue to expand across Europe. You will be responsible for ensuring that our product looks and feels amazing.
The business is built using the Ruby on Rails approach to web development. (We don’t use Node, Angular or any other front-end frameworks.)
- You have experience doing front-end coding and are able to independently implement Hi-Fi designs precisely across devices
- You have multiple years of experience with HTML, SCSS & Embedded Ruby (ERB)
- You can implement reusable components from scratch without external CSS libraries
- You have an eye for design and are comfortable using Figma and other design software
- You have implemented multiple landing pages from scratch (please share a direct links to a page that you have implemented yourself on the application form)
- You have experience working in startups
- You can be available for some core hours in the European time zone
- Implement our new design system & landing pages in HTML/SCSS
- Maintain reusable components
- Work alongside the development team throughout the fast-paced development cycle to reach business objectives
- Find weaknesses in the product and work with our designer to design & implement improvements on an ongoing basis
- Investigate customer UI problems and implement fixes to resolve any recurring problems that customers/staff face
- Iterate and tailor your work based on client feedback
Benefits of our working environment
- Remote-first: We are a remote-first company without an in person office. We trust our employees to work flexibility and autonomously to efficiently meet business goals.
- Flexible working hours: Aside from regular team meetings and availability during core hours, we are happy for you to complete your work whenever you’re most productive.
- Close team: Although we work remotely, our team is close knit and colleagues are always there to help one another.
- Customer feedback: Our customers are small business owners and we are privileged to work closely with them to continue to improve our product.
- Bootstrapped: We have never raised external capital. We have no distractions from past or future investors. We’re entirely focused helping our customers and we’re taking our time to grow sustainably.
- Holidays: We provide 25 holiday days per year, in addition to Berlin region public holidays.
We’re a small team and we’re passionate about being a great company to work with and work for.