We are a biotech startup and we are looking for a content manager to lead the content creation for our website which is currently under construction.
We are looking for candidates who possess the ability to think both creatively and analytically. Content manager duties include producing and publishing content, writing, editing and proofreading, formulating content strategies and managing a plan, among other tasks.
Content managers should be comfortable finding creative ways of building an online presence, as well as using analytics in the formulation of a content strategy. Here, content is defined as:
- Website content pages – botany related or on other topics
- Blog posts – botany related on or other topics
- Product pages – botany related
- FAQ pages – botany related or other topics
Content Manager Responsibilities:
- Deep research on the topics of interest – various species of botanys (not limited to this)
- Writing original content; plagiarism and copy pasting from other sources is deeply discouraged
- Editing and proofreading content
- Creating and following a content plan
- Formulating a cross-platform content strategy as needed – website + social media
- Brainstorm with team members to develop new ideas
- Build a strong SEO strategy based on organic content
- Provide editorial and creative a support to team members as needed
- Track basic web analytics to ascertain content engagement levels
- Manage content across all platforms, including email and social media
- Prepare and send regular newsletter as agreed part of the marketing strategy
Content Manager Requirements:
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in a similar role on the client side or agency side
- Proven track record of building content driven websites; examples will be required in the application process
- Naturally curious, intrinsically motivated, and thrive in roles that allow you to engage with topics of the natural sciences, botany and horticulture
- Experienced at keyword placement and on-page organic SEO best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with social media management.
- Creativity and the ability to develop original content.
- Ability to develop content that provokes engagement.
- Strong leadership and initiative taking qualities
Nice to Have
- Botany / natural sciences / taxonomy / scientific writing experience / track record
- Advanced knowledge of HTML
- Proficiency with popular content management systems
Location / Other requirements
- We are a location independent team and we work mostly asynchronously. We believe in output and results and we do not encourage micromanagement. However, in order to be able to overlap with our Asian and European teams we prefer candidates located between GMT+7 and GMT timezones.
- Setup to work as an independent contractor
- Open to try alternative payment methods such as stablecoin (USDC, USDT etc)
What We Offer
- Work in a biotech startup, with global scientists and talent
- Culture of transparency and no politics
- No micromanagement
- Output driven environment
- Options for relocating to Thailand (optional)
- Compensation re-evaluated yearly based on performance