SafetyWing (YC W18) is seeking an ambitious and creative marketing leader to take a fast-growing startup from $10M to $100M annual revenue.
This role is equal parts strategy and leadership. We have 4 products in 2 markets (both B2B and B2C), so the opportunities for expansion and new ideas are limitless.
We’re a strong team of 30 full-time members and another 20 part-time. We work distributed, semi-synchronously (North America and Europe time zones), often working collaboratively.
We are well-funded and have been growing consistently – even throughout global lockdowns! See more on https://safetywing.com.
You will be responsible for coordinating and leading the (growing) marketing team of ~10, coming up with new initiatives, and supporting each of our growth channels.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Coordinating the growth and marketing team
- Work with product teams to ensure key metrics and goals are met for each product
- Conduct periodic growth sprints that involve the whole team
- Develop new growth and marketing channels as we scale
- Generating leads for the sales team
We’re looking for someone who:
- wants to help build a global social safety net on the Internet
- has led and scaled a growth/marketing team from Series A to Series C and enjoyed it
- has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- is good at writing both professionally and personally
- has experience building a range of marketing channels (outside of paid ads, we have a policy against them)
You have a courageous and ambitious founder personality, with ability to get things done, which means you:
- think for yourself instead of copying others
- are willing to try new things with the risk of failure
- are creative and bold in the face of any problem
- are honest and have high integrity
Salary and compensation
You will receive both salary and equity compensation, health insurance, laptop, and during non-covid times we have three to four yearly gatherings where you will join us. The previous three were in Norway, Mexico and San Francisco respectively. The next one is planned for Ljubljana, Slovenia when the border situation gets better.