We’re looking for experienced designers, comfortable working at any point in the design process. Our designers have an eye for sharp visual design, and are experienced with UX design – including research and wireframing. Whether we’re designing websites, products, or apps – our designers are focused on making clients look good, empowering users and achieving results.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
Above and beyond your individual talents, we’re looking for someone to join our team. We’re a very collaborative bunch, eager for feedback. The work we execute is the product of the team. If you’re excited about learning from others, and helping others – you’ll find a good home here.
- Asset Design – Including websites, products and apps and a variety of digital and physical assets.
- Client Expectations – Master the needs of our clients – working within the boundaries of their brand while elevating them by generating original concepts
- Brand Guidelines – Integrate stringent brand guidelines to create a rich look and feel
- Collaborate Work with a multi disciplinary team to execute within the entire design lifecycle including research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design and testing.
- Design Systems Create new design systems and contribute to existing systems.
- Communication – Speak to clients and stakeholders and present your work. Use design to elevate the storytelling capabilities for our clients and ourselves.
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Fluent English speaker
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Expansive experience designing large scale/high profile websites
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You produce smart and beautiful design, demonstrating a strong understanding of typography, color and layout
- You demonstrate diverse taste, with the knowledge of what styles are appropriate to apply to a given task or project
- Knowledge of user interface design, ux design, product design, and the creative process.
- Strong understanding of current design tools
- You take pride in and value team success.
Additional Experience (Bonus Points)
- Experience in content creation, marketing, and copywriting
- Demonstrable history of working on large-scale projects and producing holistic design systems
- Understanding of product development lifecycle
Work from anywhere in the US or Canada; if you are in Central or South America, let’s talk. This will be a 100% remote position. If your working hours are in a timezone outside of the US range, but you work 4+ hours of overlap each day our team might be able to consider your application.
Pay range is commensurate with background, qualifications and experience. This is a freelance contract role through the end of 2021 and is about 10-20 hours per week.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY – Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL – Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS – It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE – Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.