Aleph Beta is a growing nonprofit media company producing high quality Torah videos and podcasts for all ages and denominations. You believe that Torah/Bible is meaningful and relevant to your everyday life: Aleph Beta’s mission is to show you how. Aleph Beta has largely focused on creating animated videos that highlight a unique methodology in studying Torah text in a way that is both intellectually rigorous and emotionally engaging.
We’re looking for a UX/UI Specialist (heavy on the User Experience part) to join our Product team and help us elevate the quality of our products to the highest standards. The ideal candidate is passionate about their craft, an expert in uncovering customer needs, and capable of turning those insights into beautiful, accessible, compelling experiences. This person is ready to be a driver of user research, able to compile a solid experience strategy that includes interaction design and information architecture, and can execute that strategy through world class user interface designs. We’re practicing dual-track Agile to rapidly discover opportunities and get them in front of our users, and you’ll be expected to be a key player in that process.
If you’ve got the passion and the chops let’s talk. Specific details about our vision for this role are:
Reveal what our users need from our products by conducting research, talking with customers, and performing usability studies.
- Conduct customer interviews. It’s important to note, our users are largely in US and Israeli time zones. You should be willing and comfortable conducting interviews at potentially odd hours.
- Conduct primary and secondary user research.
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
You’ll be responsible for identifying insights by analyzing customer input and competitor data to inform our experience strategy. You’ll also translate experience objectives into solutions across our digital (and potentially physical) products. Discover and communicate your findings through typical documentation like Customer Journeys, User Journeys, and Current State Analysis. Design thinking experience would definitely catch our attention.
As a part of our Product team, you will take our customer insight and business needs and transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive interfaces for our properties. Recognize and predict user interaction use cases, and account for the happy path, edge, and corner cases. Be able to work “gestalt principles” into a conversation in a real way, and watch our eyes light up.
- Validate ideas and designs using split A/B tests and product performance.
- Measure recently released product features to establish benchmarks and to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Create rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
At our core, Aleph Beta is about Torah education. Help us help our users discover topics that matter to them, navigate deeper into topics of interest, and grow their knowledge by suggesting the right path through our audio and video teaching, every time.
- Course discovery and navigation strategy
- Information architecture modeling
- Holistic (across platforms) information architecture strategic planning
Design and shape irresistible, user-centric experiences in our products. Period.
We’re not zealots when it comes to tooling. With a few exceptions, work with what you like and makes you most productive. Here are the kinds of tools we would expect you to be fluent with for this role:
- Adobe Illustrator/Affinity Designer/Sketch/Figma
- Photoshop/Affinity Photo/Pixelmator
- InVision/UXPin/Marvel/Quant-UX/Adobe XD
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please email your details to email@example.com