Time zones: SBT (UTC +11), GMT (UTC +0), MSK (UTC +3), CEST (UTC +2), BST (UTC +1), JST (UTC +9), CST (UTC +8), WIB (UTC +7), MMT (UTC +6:30), BST (UTC +6), NPT (UTC +5:45), IST (UTC +5:30), UZT (UTC +5), IRDT (UTC +4:30), GST (UTC +4)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3)
. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, we’re looking for an experienced tax manager to manage the tax (both direct & indirect) requirements of the Hotjar group working with external advisors and the internal financial reporting/controlling and finance operations teams as required.
In addition to the regular ongoing compliance requirements, the successful candidate will lead a large project later in 2022 and 2023 to manage the overseas VAT and other sales tax registrations following the implementation of a new tax tracking tool.
This is a new position driven by a combination of Hotjar’s rapid top-line growth, evolving corporate structure with new subsidiary entities in new countries, and more sophisticated reporting requirements.
- Work with external advisors and the finance team to ensure all corporate income tax returns are filed;
- Perform the annual / (potentially quarterly – TBD) transfer pricing calculations;
- Work with external advisors and our new sales tax partner to manage our overseas tax registrations and then ongoing compliance in respect of our overseas sales;
- Work with the finance teams and external advisors to ensure that Hotjar subsidiaries’ VAT returns are submitted;
- From time to time, work with other Hotjar teams and external advisors to understand the tax and social implications of registering as an employer for the first time in new countries;
- Completion of quarterly and annual tax schedules for Hotjar’s ultimate parent company for financial reporting purposes, including deferred tax.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of both direct and indirect taxes (detailed knowledge of individual countries’ tax requirements is not expected).
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles and practices
- Experience working with external advisors to manage tax requirements and advice;
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €80,000 to €110,000
annually where the offer typically falls in the range of €80,000 to €85,000
. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs
to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contract.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks
chosen to reflect our values
and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.