Shogun, and we’re on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We’re a graduate of the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just recently raised a Series A round, we have over 14,000 active paying clients, and we’re preparing to launch a new product in 2020 called Shogun Frontend (you can read more about that in TechCrunch).
Our team is fully remote, distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
A hybrid software and systems engineer in the United States, Canada, or the UK who will be helping with the reliability of our products.
In this role you will…
- Work within your squad to solve problems ranging from scalability and performance to architecture and feature development
- Define and plan the growth of the application infrastructure
- Understand how cloud providers structure their offers and cost
- Instrument and monitor our applications, creating alerts based on symptoms and not on outages
- Extensive instrumentation and monitoring knowledge
- Working experience with Terraform, Ansible, or any other infrastructure as code tools
- Working experience with NewRelic, Datadog, or similar
- Demonstrated experience deploying applications on Heroku (our apps are there currently), AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Working experience maintaining Ruby, Go, and frontend applications
- Proven Unix expertise
- Fastly / VCL knowledge
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- Experience with MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and Redis
- Good hands-on knowledge of CI/CD tools
- Heroku pipelines and review apps experience
- Clear and precise written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with agile development practices
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Working experience in a fully remote working environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
If you want, you can use Shogun to get a feel for the product. We’d love to hear what you think. Here is how:
- Create a Shopify Developer Account: https://developers.shopify.com
- Create a development store: https://help.shopify.com/en/partners/dashboard/development-stores
- Install Shogun on your development store: https://apps.shopify.com/shogun
- Create a couple of pages. We will take a look.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit apply.workable.com.