We’re looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team and help us build amazing features for our customers. The ideal candidate is someone who takes high ownership, can work independently with minimal guidance, is highly driven and motivated to deliver value.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll collaborate with other Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and the Customer Success team to implement features and help solve escalated support cases. About 80% of your time will be spent working on new features and 20% will be spent investigating and fixing bugs.
Our stack includes Ruby on Rails, React, Tailwind, Postgres and Heroku. We’re currently on Rails 6 and strive to keep our frameworks and libraries up to date.
Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this.
What’s in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work remotely (within the United States), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and as a company, we strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning (2012).
- Build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
We’re hardcore believers in easy-to-use software. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition.
We’re a well-funded startup that’s in “scale up” mode, meaning we’re past the days of just a couple of people in a small office, but we’re still very much a fast-paced, highly collaborative company. We recently raised a $21M Series B round and are on an exciting trajectory as a company. You can learn more about it here.
Our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. We have aligned our teams, tools, and processes to achieve this. Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We’ve also optimized our CI/CD tools and processes to make it painless to run our test suite and get code into our production environments easily, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week.
We organize our development work into a weekly cadence that takes inspiration from Kanban and Agile methodologies. While we keep meetings to a minimum, we’re committed to fostering a tight-knit team through various collaboration tools such as Slack, Zoom, GitHub, and Notion. We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and know you do, too.
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- 1-2 years of production React experience
- Experience with relational databases such as Postgres
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Jest, RSpec
- Understanding of the balance between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Compelled to make things look beautiful and work flawlessly
- Cherish productivity, delivering value and have a deep-rooted care for helping teams communicate and collaborate more effectively and efficiently
- Have experience with Tailwind or CSS-in-JS frameworks
- Have experience with TypeScript
- Know a thing or two about the fleet management industry
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO and 8 company holidays
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Mac laptop, book stipend, and professional development funds
- Health and wellness incentives
- Remote working friendly
To apply for this job, please visit apply.workable.com.