Sendwave’s mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable. Since 2014, our app has allowed users in North America and Europe to send money instantly to mobile money wallets in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Nigeria (and soon Bangladesh and Senegal) saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram.
We’re growing quickly, and are looking to rapidly expand globally in the next year. That’s where you come in…
- Prepare performance reports by collecting and analyzing data from all support functions.
- Help identify and build tools to improve the speed and quality of support.
- Analyze support workflows and make suggestions to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist with the design and rollout of new support channels and service offerings.
- Identify and act to remove obstacles to delivering consistently high levels of service.
- Work closely with senior management to help support deliver on their components of overall company goals and objectives.
- You have at least five years experience specifically in contact/call center operations.
- You possess an analytical mind and are able to design and manage standardized call center metrics using data solutions such as Excel.
- You are versed in the technology needed to run an effective support team. Zendesk experience a plus.
- You’re passionate about Sendwave’s mission, and excited to do what needs to be done to reach our customer experience goals.
- You feed off of interacting with people and getting the best out of them.
Company benefits include:
- Unlimited vacation with a minimum of 20 business days per year.
- Health & dental policies, as well as parental leave specific to country of residence.
- Subsidized fertility assistance.
- Charitable matching scheme of up to $10,000/year.
- $100/month gym membership reimbursement.
- We will (almost certainly) pay in full for whatever you want for your home office computer, monitor, desk, chair. If you prefer to work from a coworking space, feel free to do that.
- Our team of 30-odd engineers, finance & compliance professionals, marketers, & people ops professionals as well as nearly 60 customer support personnel are fully distributed across North America, Europe, and Africa making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- We play in bands, teach dance classes, run Vipassana retreats, played semi-pro basketball, and built tools to help Doctors Without Borders respond to the Ebola crisis.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili and Wolof.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator and the cofounders of PayPal.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Wave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday.
To apply for this job, please visit boards.greenhouse.io.