Ubuntu is the fastest growing Linux distribution, with over 20 million users in just a few years. The project is aimed at reducing barriers to innovation globally by providing free access to an open technology platform. Canonical delivers products built on the Ubuntu platform to customers around the globe.
- Manage a growing engineering team to optimize the quality and velocity of both development and operations
- Mentor engineers to improve their skills and make the team more efficient.
- Identify and measure team health indicators
- Implement disciplined engineering and operations processes
- Represent the IS Foundations team with respect to stakeholders, customers, and internal teams
- Ensure proper team focus on priorities, milestones, and deliverables
- Work to meet service level agreements with customer deployments around the globe
- Deliver quality managed services in a consistent, timely manner
- Bachelors (or equivalent) Degree level education in a technology field.
- Proven track record of at least 5 years professional experience of either, software delivery using Python, Go, C, C++, Java, or similar and managing operations teams
- Demonstrated strong commitment to testing methodologies and maintainable code quality
- Experience with Linux system administration, Ubuntu/Debian a plus
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience working in and managing distributed teams
- Technical aptitude for understanding complex distributed systems
- Experience with cloud topologies and technologies
- Ability to travel to team & company events (Less than 10%)
To apply for this job, please visit boards.greenhouse.io.