THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION EXCLUSIVELY FOR CURRENT PORTUGUESE RESIDENTS.
What’s the opportunity?
At AlphaSights, we search through more than 500 million professionals working in the world today to find the small handful of experts qualified to answer our clients’ needs. They use these insights to drive amazing progress within their organizations. Our mission is to provide access to dispersed, hidden, and underutilized knowledge. We’ve made terrific progress working in this new space, but we’ve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem.
We believe that expertise can be transformative, and this view extends to the people we bring into our engineering organisation. You’ll be a key member of one of our multidisciplinary innovation pods, leveraging your unique experience, and expertise to make creative contributions to both our product and technical platform.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Data Engineer you will:
- Have a high degree of autonomy and ownership on projects, while the wider team is being built, towards working within a highly collaborative and supportive team of Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers.
- Work directly with stakeholders and teams to fully understand the business problems and translate it to a data-driven solution.
- Work across the company to not only ingest and unlock value in data, but also helpguide the data generation process itself. We are a data centric team
- Grow our teams by bringing your unique expertise to one of our global technical guilds, and mentoring engineers in your pod
- Benefit from AlphaSights’ platform, giving you access to world class experts to help inform your technical solutions
- Design, develop, deploy and support the data ingestion pipelines.
- Monitoring dataflows and underlying systems, promoting the necessary changes to ensure scalable, high performance solutions and assure data quality and availability.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role. You can demonstrate the significant impact that your work has had.
- Have strong Python, SQL, and NoSQL skills.
- Expertise with Big Data processing / analytical frameworks.
- Expertise with data streaming tools and frameworks.
- Experience with ETL tooling.
- Experience designing, building and maintaining Data Warehouses.
- Experience with Message Queue Systems such as RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- Experience with cloud based environments such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with other functional experts(e.g. other engineering teams, product, design, data science, domain experts…).
- A laser focus on delivering value to your users
Bene fi ts & other nice things
- Sandbox day, the last Friday of every 2 week sprint
- Time to learn, and flex your creative muscles in an unconstrained environment.
- Generous learning budget to spend as you want (books, conferences, courses,…)
- Remote, in-office and hybrid working options available. Please speak to the team to learn more about our vision for the future of work at AlphaSights.
- Regular team events
- Best in class Health Insurance
- Social responsibility
- Knowledge for Good
At AlphaSights, we believe that investing in DEI is the right thing to do and is vital to driving progress. We go the extra mile to build teams of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, because diversity of thought drives innovation and knowledge diffusion which creates value for our clients, employees, and society.
We are a people-centric company, where every person is evaluated based on their merit. Our action plan is clear: recruit top talent based on our core values, invest massively in people’s development, and follow a structured DEI strategy so that everyone is always treated equitably and with respect.
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas for this position.