- Extending our JSON API to support platform features for Web, iOS, and Android
- Building and supporting new inbound and outbound partner API integrations
- Standardizing business operations that support account management and engagement of the Peerfit user experience through new technology and tools
- Applying a domain driven design to the modeling of the application and adapt it to current business strategy and processes
We’re seeking someone who is solution-oriented, pragmatic, and consensus-driven in their approach to rapidly building iterative software that solve real problems in our product and technical domains.
You will also collaborate with the other functional areas that make up the Product team including Data, Frontend Web (React), Native mobile (Swift, Kotlin), and Infrastructure. Additionally, you will work with members of the business to understand objectives from first principles, capture requirements through user stories and journeys, and deliver solutions through a stakeholder-driven acceptance process.
- 5 plus years of professional experience with a Python-based MVC web application stack, preferably Django or Flask
- Well versed in test driven development and confident in applying the right amount and types of coverage to support a healthy balance between robustness and speed
- Capable of managing a restful API that supports both internal and external clients and can provide backwards compatibility where necessary
- Comfortable driving consensus in contract negotiation with API consumers and experienced with delivering an annotation strategy to support documentation/discoverability
- Experienced in writing approachable, well-encapsulated code whose intentions are clear to other contributors and well-suited for extension and change
- Knowledgeable of domain driven design patterns, SOLID principles, and the 12-factor app methodology and when they should be applied
- Confident navigating situations where minimum viable solutions must be produced to meet fast-paced timelines where the business value is high; capable of setting the right expectations in such cases and proposing longer term strategy on appropriately maturing or deprecating such assets.
- Strong command of open source tooling including bash, vim, tmux
- Contribution to an open source project, preferably in the Python ecosystem
- Experience with Django REST framework
- Experience with PostgreSQL, mysql, celery/rabbitmq
- Experience with on-call, issue management, and code quality tools (e.g. PagerDuty, Sentry, Codacy)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Google Cloud infrastructure technologies
- Knowledge of JWT authorization and SSO
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Desires to have a role in the growth and maturity of the business
- Stays motivated and knows how to be persistent
- Is self-directed
- Can work remotely and make decisions autonomously at a high level
- Flexibility to handle changing responsibilities
- The opportunity to help expand the impact of Peerfit across the United States…and, someday, the world!
- The chance to work in a relaxed, yet goal-driven start-up culture with a passion for fitness
- Peerfit credits to attend fitness classes.
- Chance to work remotely with flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance & other benefits
To apply for this job, please visit hire.withgoogle.com.