Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10), AST (UTC -4), NST (UTC -3:30)
Experience Remote done Right. Over 20 years of remote experience, all 500+ staff are 100% remote and we still grow vibrant relationships, and provide exceptional opportunities for career growth.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant, reporting to Clevertech’s Director of Finance, who will have responsibility for:
Day to day accounting responsibilities
- Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses
- Reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances
- Preparing financial statements
- Assessing internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Responsible for the completion of tax engagements by computing taxes owed, preparing personal and corporate tax returns (and other compliance slips), preparing year-end tax forms, calculating and reviewing share capital
Experience in professional services
- 7+ years of previous experience in a similar role
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting, finance, or business
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- The position will be 100% remote with a 6-hour overlap with EST
- Only USA based Candidates will be considered at this stage.
Why Clevertech is an amazing place to work at
At Clevertech, you can expect that you will:
- Be 100% dedicated to one project at a time so that you can hone your skills, innovate and grow
- Be a part of a team of talented and friendly senior-level developers
- Work on projects that allow you to use cutting edge tech. We believe in constantly evolving your mastery
The result? We produce meaningful work and we are truly proud and excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation.