Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer focused on our data stack, you’ll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
- We rely heavily on Python, Airflow, Spark, MySQL and Snowflake for most of our data pipelines
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our pipelines, our own internal multi-functional tools, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we’re currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
Here’s How You Will Make an Impact
- Collaborate with product managers, data analysts, and data scientists to develop pipelines and ETL tasks in order to facilitate the extraction of insights from data.
- Build, maintain, and scale data pipelines that empower Doximity’s products.
- Establish data architecture processes and practices that can be scheduled, automated, replicated and serve as standards for other teams to leverage.
- Spearhead, plan, and carry out the implementation of solutions while self-managing.
- You have at least three years of professional experience developing data processing, enrichment, transformation, and integration solutions
- You are fluent in Python, an expert in SQL, and can script your way around Linux systems with bash
- You are no stranger to data warehousing and designing data models
- Bonus: You have experience building data pipelines with Apache Spark in a multi-database ecosystem
- You are foremost an engineer, making you passionate for high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- You have the ability to self-manage, prioritize, and deliver functional solutions
- You possess advanced knowledge of Unix, Git, and AWS tooling
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team
- You are able to maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM Pacific time
- You can dedicate about 18 days per year for travel to company events
- Doximity has industry leading benefits. For an updated list, see our career page
More info on Doximity
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit workat.doximity.com.