I am Nicolas, TestGorillas Head of Engineering. We are a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we have experienced tremendous growth. More than 7,500 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
We are accelerating the development of our coding tests to address the increased demand. And that’s where you come in! We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us develop hiring tests in many different programming languages, and to liaise between our test content and engineering teams to develop the best platform possible for testing programming skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of salary
The job in a nutshell
Screening tests for hiring are at the core of TestGorilla’s product. Within this broad universe of tests, coding tests are some of the most in-demand and frequently requested test types. This is why we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for developing coding challenges.
As our resident expert on coding tests, you will report to engineering and product while working as part of a cross functional team focused on test development. You will create screening tests in a variety of programming languages and build up our coding tool to support more sophisticated features and a growing number of coding languages. You will also work on test updates and revisions to improve the coding tests in our published library.
As part of a rapidly growing startup, you’ll also have the opportunity to work on a number of projects and directly contribute to improving our product and offerings.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Write coding challenges and questions in different programming languages on the main paradigms such as object-oriented, imperative, functional, and logic to grow our test library.
- Debug and improve previously published coding tests in a variety of languages in order to make them even better predictors of on-the-job performance for developers and engineers.
- Monitor coding test performance and recommendations from candidates and customers to continuously improve coding tests.
- Engage subject-matter-experts (SMEs) to write coding tests in languages you are not proficient in.
- Collaborate with a dedicated team of engineers to improve our coding tool so that it can support a growing number of new programming languages and the features necessary to deploy the best possible screening tests in these languages.
- Collaborate in addressing customer doubts about, and feedback on, coding tests, and explain technical choices to them.
- Prioritize new coding tests, and coding tool languages, features, etc. based on customer needs, market opportunity, and our specific focus on verticals to translate them into quarterly plans for coding test development.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are proficient in several coding languages, and easily learn languages and concepts of the main paradigms: imperative, functional, object-oriented, and logic.
- You can write high quality coding questions and challenges aimed to efficiently screen candidates’ for on-the-job performance as developers, engineers, etc.
- You are comfortable explaining technical concepts to non-technical people, and liaising between different groups of stakeholders in the test development process.
- You are passionate about improving your skills and learning new technologies, as well as learning to apply your skills to new contexts.
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change.
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly.
Bonus points if…
- You have experience teaching or coaching in different programming languages.
- You have written coding questions, challenges, or tests before.
- You have experience in the screening or hiring of developers, engineers, etc. for different roles and an understanding of the skills that are most important in the workplace.
- You have experience in a SaaS product based company
- You are comfortable with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum, and/or Kanban
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit assessment.testgorilla.com
Consider using our Job Alerts functionality!
Get updates for: Full-Stack Programming
SKIPSubmit & Apply