LOCATION: Remote only, US based
Mailshake is seeking a highly-technical Software Architect to oversee the implementation, design, and architecture of our simple yet powerful sales engagement software for sales professionals. You’ll be the technical steward of our platform, charged with ensuring our applications, services, APIs, and backend systems are designed for maintainability, scalability, reliability, and growth.
1. Application architecture and design
Use large-scale systems thinking to oversee the design of a high-performing and scalable technical platform to support short-term business operations and long-term company growth.
2. Coding conventions and patterns
Primary person responsible for identifying and implementing design patterns where appropriate and ensures other team members adhere to agreed upon standards, conventions, and practices with thoughtful and empathetic feedback on code reviews.
3. Cloud infrastructure
Oversee the settings, configuration, monitoring, and capacity planning of our AWS cloud infrastructure for scalability, performance, reliability, and system growth. This includes our VPC and subnets, Aurora RDS databases, SQS queues, ECS and Fargate containers, Lambda functions, ElastiCache/Redis caches, EC2 instances, CloudFront CDN, and CloudWatch logs.
- Identify areas of technical debt for refactoring to improve overall system and codebase.
- Provide up-level support for internal, customer-facing teams.
- Work with other members of the Engineering team to provide estimates for feature work.
- Implement application features on an as-needed basis.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand business priorities and schedules.
- Perform R&D activities to recommend technology enhancements and alternatives.
- Build POCs to demonstrate concepts for current and future consideration.
- Provide input to the product roadmap based on technical feasibility and system growth.
- Monitor production applications, services, and databases for possible issues.
- Enhance backend databases with schema changes and ETL processes.
- Analyze database queries and index usage to identify performance enhancements.
- Review pull requests to ensure code adheres to our defined standards and conventions.
- Deploy code to production using our CI/CD pipeline.
- Participate in UI/UX design reviews to give feedback to Product Designers.
- 10+ combined years experience in a Principal Engineer and/or Software Architect role.
- Proven experience building high-performing, scalable systems involving large data sets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working at a SaaS company.
- Experience managing a cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with capacity planning (and associated costs) of a cloud infrastructure.
- Experience mentoring other software engineers.
- In-depth and working knowledge of the aforementioned technologies.
To apply for this job, please visit angel.co.