As a Social Media Community Manager at Awesome Motive, you’re responsible for setting and implementing a social media strategy to grow our community and boost engagement and referral traffic.
💡 Interested in applying?
🔍 Please read ALL instructions outlined in "How to Apply" at the bottom of this listing.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative to solve problems and learn new skills, and are comfortable working with minimal direction.
- You have the ability to understand technical concepts, then explain them in simple terms to people who aren’t tech-savvy.
- You’re comfortable with accepting critical feedback without taking it personally.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You’re results-oriented and focused on the outcome of your work, not just on checking off tasks.
- You’re a proactive communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You enjoy helping others on your team succeed.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Monitor and manage our presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
- Plan, create, curate, and adapt content post on each social network regularly, and proactively interact with the community
- Answer WordPress questions on social media and connect people to our relevant content and video resources
- Experiment to find new ways to build our community on social media and meet our growth goals
- Work with a team of moderators to manage a Facebook group
- Analyze the performance of our social content and use the data to inform future strategies
- Create original graphics for social media that meet platform requirements, or work with a designer to create graphics or templates if needed
- Work with our content team to suggest new blog post topics based on community needs
- Social Media Marketing: Experience successfully using major social media platforms and willingness to jump in and learn how to be successful on new platforms. Experience using platform analytics to improve performance. Demonstrated experience growing audiences on multiple platforms.
- Community Management: You have direct experience either managing a community on social media for a company or building one of your own.
- WordPress: You’re familiar with the basics of self-hosted https://wordpress.org software and have experience setting up new self-hosted WordPress sites, installing and configuring themes and plugins, troubleshooting errors, etc.
- Writing: You know the fundamentals of how to write and format a successful social media post on each platform, and can edit and proofread your own work without relying on an editor.
- Copywriting: You can understand your audience and position products as solutions to their specific pain points. Your writing is persuasive and converts.
- Graphic Design & Video: You can create basic graphics that meet social platform requirements and look polished and professional. You’re comfortable sharing video on social media. You can edit and repurpose a YouTube video for various social media platforms on your own.
- Time Management: You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize high-impact work.
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
- Personal Computer with Internet Access.
- Availability to participate in audio/video meetings between the hours 9 am – 5 pm EST.
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – the United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This is a remote position – our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am – 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
In your cover letter, please give an overview of your qualifications re: the requirements listed above.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly. Qualified candidates may be asked to complete a test assignment.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!