As part of our SRE team, you will:
- Work with SRE team and other developers to code, build, maintain, and monitor core pieces of infrastructure.
- Take part in migrating data and other platform-related tasks (via automation when possible).
- Work with our wider product team to meet new platform needs.
- Take part in on-call rotation, responding to alerts and handling platform outages (particularly during EST hours).
- Understand the requirements and challenges of hosting applications in the cloud
- Understand the flow of a web request through a cloud application stack
- Are mindful of risk-management and testing new production changes thoroughly
- Feel the need to automate your problems away
- Communicate and collaborate well in a distributed team
- Take a pragmatic and thoughtful approach to solving problems
- Are a self-starter who can take a challenging task and run with it
- Care about the quality of your work
- Have empathy for your users and team
- Enjoy learning new skills and building solutions to difficult problems
- 2+ years of engineering experience
- Experienced in building, managing, monitoring, testing and optimizing a production cloud application.
- Confident in their overall coding & application development skills
- Fluent with one scripting language (ideally python, bash)
- Has working experience with Node.js
- Experienced with container-based deployment (e.g. K8s)
- Experienced with AWS and its various offerings
- Experienced with at least one flavor of linux and its setup and maintenance
- Experienced with maintaining a production application across multiple regions
Thought Industries is a startup in the Online Learning space. We enable training and software companies to launch and monetize external learning programs — think Shopify meets Udemy/Coursera.
We are a growing, well-funded technology company, with a talented team and a clear vision. This is a unique opportunity to take a lead role at an exciting SaaS software company with a robust cloud-based platform. We hire talented people who are self-motivated and team orientated. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
To apply: Please submit your cover letter explaining what kind of role you are looking for and why Thought Industries specifically interests you along with your resume.
To apply for this job, please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org