Filtering the negative to make room for the positive.
At Two Hat, our mission is to help social networks build safe and healthy online communities by removing negative interactions to make room for positive human connections. We believe that everyone should be free to share online without fear of harassment or abuse.
Processing nearly 30 billion interactions a month, Two Hat enables clients across a variety of social networks and gaming companies to deliver positive user experiences by detecting and filtering harmful content in real time, before it reaches the community. More than just a filter, we provide an all-in-one content moderation solution, with data analysis, content escalations, flexible workflows, auto-moderated user reports, and more. Clients benefit from our scalable, autonomous, and transparent solution, as well as our team of industry experts who consult on best practices and industry standards. As a leading provider of content moderation best practices, we believe we can restore the original purpose of the internet – to empower positive human connection and facilitate healthy social online interactions.
Removing illegal content is a shared responsibility. To that end, we work with international governments and law enforcement in helping to prevent the targeting of children through the internet, and train AI to detect new child exploitation material.
Who you are
We are looking for a complex problem solver with a delivery mindset to join our team as a Software Engineer. In this role, you’ll build out and scale our products as well as drive continuous improvements to our flagship automated moderation product CommunitySift and its ability to process data at a massive scale.
What’s in it for you?
Purpose and impact. We’ve said it a few times, but what we do matters. We are building solutions that make a difference. This is your chance to be part of an organization adding true value and meaning to the world.
Cutting edge technology. You want to work with deep learning loops; collaborate with Data Scientists to build fast AI that encompasses natural language processing; build our classifiers, both algorithmic or machine learning. You want to:
- Execute on Agile SaaS-based tool development. You will develop and iterate new features and functionality for our web and mobile products.
- Lead architectural discussions. You will identify architecture and infrastructure problems – and solutions.
- Collaborate. You will be a key member of the product development team; assisting with operations and information security.
- Plan and advise. You will execute on tactics that support the technology vision for the product and the organization as a whole.
Growth and challenges. You want to bring your knowledge, expertise and lessons learned to influence and help build out our architecture and processes. You want to move between our three engineering teams, features, maintenance and platform, gaining exposure to all of our products and working on complex client projects. You want to be part of a well-supported and close-knit team with the freedom to work remotely. You want to share your thoughts on how to solve challenges beyond what anyone else out there is taking on in AI, ML and NLP.
What you bring
- A passion for Agile. You thrive in a fast-paced and Agile Kanban environment. You can:
- Work with Product Managers to translate user stories into actionable tasks.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to scope tasks and provide estimates.
- Develop solutions to meet acceptance criteria.
- A growth mindset. You think big and keep up to date on emerging trends and industry best practices. You are open to feedback and on a personal mission to pursue new learnings at every opportunity.
- A delivery focus. You have a proven track record managing competing priorities while maintaining an ability to execute on time, beyond expectations.
- An innovative team approach. You are a team player with a positive attitude punctuated by high energy, initiative and perseverance. You can effectively build working relationships, be accountable and coordinate resources with cross-functional teams.
Our CEO and Founder is a visionary who believes in a better internet for everyone- and it’s a vision each one of us stands behind. Sure, it’s a lofty goal; and maybe it sounds impossible…but we don’t think it is. Our technology is capable of more now than when we started, but unsafe users are growing increasingly deceptive. We continue to step up our game and meet those challenges at every turn.
Right now, we are growing and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon. We are looking for brilliant, innovative and deeply conscientious people to join our team and be part of our mission. This is a place where:
- We have an evolving startup culture of fiercely dedicated and collaborative individuals.
- A tech giant praised us for tackling – and solving – a highly complex chat feature.
- We coordinate and run an “Amazing Race” event celebrating our six year anniversary.
- Spot rewards are handed out by the CEO.
- We host a “Mug Club” which is our version of a Ted Talk presented by anyone with a bright idea.
- Pink Shirt Day means something to us on a deeper level.
- We participate in local acts of good, both big and small, to bring a little joy to our community.
If you are driven to make the world a better place; you share our growth mindset; and you have built your talent on a foundation of hard work and creative thinking, join us.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit twohatsecurity.applytojob.com.