Founded by engineers, Blue Orange Digital wanted to bring an engineering-first approach to the development agency model. We aim to work on projects that use the latest and greatest technologies. We care about the products we build and only work with clients that understand that good applications come from happy engineers. We are headquartered in NYC an Washington DC with distributed team members all across the US.
**** We accept remote applicants but due to legal requirements, they must be North America based, no exceptions can be made. *****
Seeking a Sr. Scala Engineer to help develop and provide architectural input on a trade processing and aggregation platform for a large financial institution. We are looking for an experienced Scala/Akka developer with strong multi-threaded development knowledge. Should have experience with the Lightbend reactive architecture.
An ideal candidate should be self-driven, experienced and detail-focused. Comfortable with technical problem-solving to convert a business solution into a high-quality drive and scalable technology solutions. We are a remote development agency and developers must make a concerted effort to assist and collaborate with colleagues through code reviews, remote pair programming, and proactive communication.
Preference is given to candidates with experience in:
- 5 years minimum experience with Scala and experience as a Sr Developer on a production scale applications
- Experience working with agile development practices (this project uses Jira)
- Familiarity with AWS
- Comfort with Docker
- A strong understanding of concurrent, parallel, and distributed systems
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science
The ideal candidate:
- Motivated by a passion to create highly fault-tolerant apps with excellent design practices
- Enjoys collaborating with other engineers on architecture and sharing designs with the team
- Has experience working remotely
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit blueorange.digital.