We’re hiring a React Developer to help us create and build out the next new version of our text messaging software, Salesmsg. This role is the #1 priority in the company. Why? Because our business revolves around having a great product, we’re rebuilding our software from the ground up to help thousands of customers grow faster. The better our software, the more businesses we can help and give them better results.
This role is important because you’ll be responsible and primary focus will be on developing the user interface that thousands of customers use every day to message their contacts.
// WHAT DOES SALESMSG DO?
You know how no one picks up the phone these days?
Or when you call someone and their voicemail says, “Don’t leave me a voicemail. Just text me.”
See, that’s the problem businesses face everyday when trying to reach their leads, customers, and clients. They’re stuck doing things the old way (calling, voice-mailing, emailing) and getting old school results.
The new way to instantly engage with leads and customers is with real-time text messages.
We built Salesmsg to solve this problem for businesses.
Salesmsg is a two-way text messaging software that’s used by thousands of companies to help them engage and connect with their customers over text.
“It’s like Gmail for text messaging for your business.”
We’ve all heard the saying, “it takes a village to raise a child”, but when it comes to your business, “it takes a team to grow and scale.”
And because we’re growing at a pretty nice clip each month, we need your help to change the way our product gets built at SalesMessage.com
// OUR CORE VALUES
1. We Figure It Out.
If you’re not inquisitive, curious, and goal oriented – this isn’t for you. There’s things that will happen that will require you to dig a bit deeper to “figure it out.” We don’t expect the customer to figure it out for us, we dive in and make it happen.
2. Insatiable Learning.
There’s a wealth of knowledge in books, articles, videos, courses, training events, and everywhere you look. Google anything and you’ll find the answer. If you can’t “figure it out” yourself, trust me, someone else already has for you and there’s most likely a blog post or book written about it.
You are resourceful to your core.
3. Keep it Real.
Seeing things for “how they truly are” gives us power. In fact, we have to be real in order to survive and thrive. When you tell it like it is, you have nothing to hide and can come to a solution faster than dancing around the issues.
4. What’s Next Mindset.
Things are changing and we are always looking to the future to build what’s next. How can we improve? What trend is coming/happening and how can we lean in to that? What’s coming next? How can we iterate and improve what’s working now?
Okay, with that out of the way, let’s get into what this role will look like for you…
// WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING
- Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (Redux)
- Collaborate with backend and quality engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code that integrates with real-time data streams and API endpoints
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies
- Review code and have your code reviewed by our team
- Work multi-functionally with other teams to set and achieve company-wide engineering goals
- 1+ years experience with React and Redux, Lodash, and/or CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS
- Expertise building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in both individual and team environments
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Strong UX and design sensibilities and an interest in sweating the small stuff
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills and a great attitude
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and superior time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and self-manage your workload
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and empathy
// WHERE WILL YOU WORK?
We all work remotely and are scattered across the USA with our offices in Denver, CO and Delray Beach, FL. That means you have the flexibility to work from home, a co-working location, coffee shop, in our offices, or on a mountain in the Andes.
- BENEFIT #1: Annual retreats somewhere in the USA. Paid for by the company.
- BENEFIT #2: Medical + dental match program. Need coverage? We got you covered. 🙂
- BENEFIT #3: Travel to cool events, seminars, conferences, and other places to learn more and promote the Salesmsg brand and company. (We’re sponsoring HubSpot’s Inbound in Boston in Sept.)
- BENEFIT #4: You’ll have an opportunity to directly and globally impact the way messaging gets done for thousands of businesses. My ultimate goal is to give you so much value from your experience with us, that when you look back you can always lean on being “one of the first hires” at Salesmsg. And have it actually bring you clout and credibility throughout your career.
– – – – – – – –
So there you have it.
Are you a match? Do you want a REAL challenge?
Then, I think you know what to do next.
Oh, and one last thing.
Be different in your application. We get hundreds of people applying just like you, so if you want this position… please stand out.
P.S. I don’t have all of the answers, nor does anyone on our team.
We’re winging it just as much as the other guys. So if you’re expecting perfection, you won’t find it here.
If you’re okay with bruises, cuts by a thousand knives, and more good days mixed with bad days as we grow and scale “as a team” – then, this might be right for you.