Ukufu* (pronounced oo – koo – foo) is a new AI powered content aggregation mobile application for professionals.
- Flexible/remote work friendly environment
- Greenfield project
- Technology first company
- Work with exciting AI & mobile tech
- Join an experienced tech & product team
We recently closed a round of seed funding from a couple of smart and supportive investors, and we are excited for the next stage of our journey!
Watch a short message from our CEO:
We want to enable a content consumption experience that is simple to use, yet comprehensive in depth and breadth of content.
We are already 6 months into our journey. You can view a video walkthrough of our latest internal version here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOln4n3XY3I&feature=youtu.be or you can download a production version of the app at http://ukufu.com.
We currently have a team of 7 and will be bringing it up to 9 over the next couple of months.
You should have 5+ years of experience working on both backend and frontend technologies. As a remote/startup environment, we look for someone pro-active and able to work with ambiguity, we initially require a minimum of 6 hours overlap with AEDT (Sydney/Australia), potentially reducing to 5 hours overlap.
Our current stack includes Flutter, Python, PHP, Kubernetes and AWS.
- Experience in one or more frameworks for building REST APIs: Django, Express, Spring, etc.
- Experience as a Frontend/Mobile developer using any of the modern frameworks such as React, Angular, Flutter and/or native mobile experience in iOS/Android.
- Good Grasp of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in working on high collaborative environment with structured git flows, code reviews and CI/CD pipelines.
- Understanding of main development methodologies/frameworks like Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development and 12 Factor apps.
- Mature attitude coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple high priority projects and tasks.
- Passion for solving complex technical problems.
- Enjoy working in a fast-moving environment.
- Previous experience on migrating PHP code.
- Experience on AWS environment using Serverless tools like Lambda, Fargate and/or data pipelines such as kinesis/kafka.
- Strong working knowledge of the latest Machine Learning techniques and technologies especially as they apply to Natural Language Processing.
- Experience working remotely as a member of a distributed team.
- Mobile application development experience.
- Experience with Dart or Flutter.
- Experience building an online product.
- Has contributed to open source projects (provide examples if available)
- Relevant University degree
To apply for this job, please visit ukufu.recruitee.com.