Last year, we took the stage at TED and shared our audacious goal of eliminating child sexual abuse material from the internet.
About the Role: A key aspect of our work is partnering with the tech industry. Our latest product, Safer, is designed to proactively identify, remove, and report child sexual abuse material from our partners’ platforms. As you join our small but mighty team at an early stage of this product, you will work together with our team to implement and ship a world-class product.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with other engineers on your team to build complex client applications from end-to-end.
- Work closely with the product manager and engineers to define product requirements, and collaborate to devise optimal engineering solutions.
- Present possible technical solutions to various stakeholders, clearly explaining your decisions and how they address real user needs, incorporating feedback in subsequent iterations.
- Play a critical role in day-to-day coding, code reviews, and troubleshooting production issues.
- Drive technical innovation by researching and incorporating new technologies and tools into our core system.
- You have a commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do.
- You have proficient software development knowledge, with experience building, growing, maintaining a variety of products, and a love for creating elegant applications using modern technologies.
- You have experience prototyping, implementing, testing, and deploying code to production.
- You can work with shifting requirements in a fast-paced and fluid environment, and collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You have empathy and can be a strong advocate for our users while balancing the vision and constraints of engineering realities.
- You enjoy teaching and mentoring other engineers on your team.
- You communicate clearly, efficiently, and thoughtfully. We’re a highly-distributed team, so written communication is crucial, from Slack to pull requests to code reviews.
- React / TypeScript
- Node / Express
- Docker / Kubernetes
- AWS / Terraform / Google Cloud
- PostgreSQL / Elasticsearch
To apply for this job, please visit www.thorn.org.