Earlier this year, we took the stage at TED and shared our audacious goal of eliminating child sexual abuse material from the internet. A key aspect of our work is partnering with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children and building technology to optimize the broader ecosystem combating online child sexual abuse.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with other engineers on your team to build a data pipeline and client application from end-to-end.
- Prototype, implement, test, deploy, and maintain stable data engineering solutions.
- Work closely with the product manager and engineers to define product requirements.
- Present possible technical solutions to various stakeholders, clearly explaining your decisions and how they address real user needs, incorporating feedback in subsequent iterations.
- You have a commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do.
- You have proficient software development knowledge, with experience building, growing, maintaining a variety of products, and a love for creating elegant applications using modern technologies.
- You’re experienced with devops (Docker, AWS, microservices) and can launch and maintain new services.
- You are experienced with distributed data storage systems/formats such as MemSQL, Snowflake, Redshift, Druid, Cassandra, Parquet, etc.
- You have worked with real-time systems using various open source technologies like Spark, MapReduce, NoSQL, Hive, etc.
- You have knowledge in data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques for big data platforms.
- You have an ability and interest in learning new technologies quickly.
- You can work with shifting requirements and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- You have experience prototyping, implementing, testing, and deploying code to production.
- You have a passion for product engineering and an aptitude to work in a collaborative environment, can demonstrate empathy and strong advocacy for our users, while balancing the vision and constraints of engineering.
- You communicate clearly, efficiently, and thoughtfully. We’re a highly-distributed team, so written communication is crucial, from Slack to pull requests to code reviews.
You should have experience with at least a few of these, and a desire and ability to learn the rest.
- Elasticsearch / PostgreSQL
- AWS / Terraform
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Node / Typescript
To apply for this job, please visit www.thorn.org.