Hello future Lifecycle Content Marketer!
Here at Clearbit, our mission is to be the Growth Engine that helps push the edge of what’s possible in marketing and sales. We build data-driven products that enable businesses to generate demand, act on intent, drive conversions, and retain and expand their customers. Today, Clearbit powers more than 1,500 B2B SaaS companies, including Asana, Segment, and Atlassian.
This belief in meaningful growth extends to our employees. We invest in personal and team growth, valuing constructive feedback, and emotional intelligence. We aim to maintain a working environment of psychological safety, where vulnerability is not a weakness, so that it’s easier to take creative risks, re-define what’s possible, and grow into the best version of yourself. Your teammates will push you to grow (kindly) and ask for the same in return.
2020 is an exciting time to join Clearbit. We’re growing rapidly across the company, and are on track to double revenue for the third straight year. Going into this next phase of growth, we’re focusing heavily on maintaining our cultural values, training our managers into the greatest in the world, and having fun while we do it.
About the role
We’re looking for a creative marketer, clear writer, and sharp editor to help Clearbit communicate value to its customers, prospects, and the world — from developing Clearbit company and product narratives to creating resources to help busy marketing and sales teams thrive at their jobs.
Content at Clearbit is not driven by eyeballs, which is, let’s face it, a little gross. We want to connect with the brains and emotions of actual, whole people — to educate and inspire, make them go "aha!" and go work on something they read about. To do so, you’ll be creating collateral around how to do better sales and marketing using data to be more relevant — and otherwise working with content as a living, changing product rather than a factory assembly line.
As a Lifecycle Content Marketer, you’ll work closely with our Head of Content and be part of our scrappy growth team. The team works across 5 realms — conversion, analytics, demand, product marketing, and content — which led to the idea that we’re like a Captain Planet team, with different expertise areas coming together to create great work. Content is Earth — creating foundational resources to help us grow. Learn more about the growth team here.
Here’s an idea for some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Create useful content that will help Clearbit become a go-to resource for our target communities and customers. You’ll create blog posts and other collateral and copy for landing pages and campaigns to help inform, encourage, and market to customers across different stages of their lifecycle. You’ll get to experiment with different formats and mediums to expand our reach and build our brand. You’ll also manage and edit pieces by contractors, partners, and our team members.
- Drive distribution, according to team and company goals: Part of the job of creating content is telling people that it exists. Otherwise, we’re building a forest of soundless falling trees. Promotion and distribution tasks may include creating newsletters, using social media, or coming up with experiment ideas (and bringing them to life!).
- Keep us on message: You’ll pitch in to wordsmith marketing copy and review content for clarity and brand consistency, style, tone, and voice across the company. For instance, you might be pulled in to provide feedback on how a survey is worded or to copy edit a presentation. Writing is hard! And you’ll be one of our resident experts.
- Help us learn and grow through reporting and analysis. Again, content here isn’t driven by vanity metrics but we are informed by data to understand how we’re doing and how we can improve. Our content (and overall growth team) strategies are always rooted in specific business and quarterly goals — so it’s good to know the health of how we’re doing. Currently we use tools like Google Analytics, Mode, and Tableau — and have support from a super analytics team.
What will you bring to the table?
- You’re an excellent writer and editor. You can explain complex concepts clearly, tell a compelling story, and write with personality. You think editing is integral to the writing process.
- You have a history of content marketing or editorial success. Ideally you experienced some of that success working for a SaaS or media company. We’re looking for someone who can show how they’ve had a direct hand in building an audience, helping customers succeed, teaching and educating, and/or moving hearts, minds, (and wallets).
- Your content is deliberate and customer-centric — driven by an understanding of why it’s being created and who it serves. You’re opinionated when it comes to making decisions about what makes content interesting or helpful — and how it fits in strategically. You’re a believer in talking with and knowing your audience.
- You’ve managed other writers/creators. Effective and deliberate content requires aligning other writers and creators with clear direction, helpful feedback, and plain ol’ project management. You have experience managing writers, editing their work, and bringing their creations in line with a brand and its strategic narrative.
- You’re curious and quick to learn, and you love to do so through the writing process. We’re not necessarily looking for someone to come in the door with domain expertise, but you’re eager to dive in, talk to people, do research, and then share what you’ve learned. You like to ask questions like "why?" and "what if?" and follow through to find the answers.
- You thrive when able to self-direct. You’re looking to work with a startup where you’ll be responsible for the impact you make and have a lot of freedom. The growth team is fully remote, so you work well with autonomy and are a proactive communicator.
- Marketing is broad and it’s impossible to be great at every medium and channel. That said, If you have any particular expertise in technical documentation, conversion copy (especially ad or landing page copy), SEO, creating video or audio, community management, social media, engineering, teaching, or user onboarding — please be sure to let us know!
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit jobs.lever.co.