The Android Team
- refactoring code to be more testable, migrating to Kotlin, and building out a thorough automated test suite.
- increasing release frequency, decreasing release size.
- investing in feature-flagging and split-testing functionality to be more data-driven.
- moving feature-by-feature to optimize and bug fix the product.
We have 15 engineers out of roughly 28 people in total. The team is distributed between our HQ in Chicago, and various other cities and countries around the world (including Mexico, California, Argentina, and Croatia). Our 5 Android engineers work in Chicago, Mexico and Vietnam.
- Java and Kotlin for the android application.
- Android Studio for development.
- Nevercode for a CI/CD Tool.
- Github for version control.
- taking projects from planning through technical implementation, deployment, and post-deployment.
- writing high-quality, stable, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- switching between working solo and collaboratively to complete projects quickly.
- meet and work with the product team to understand the customer’s needs.
We’d love to talk with you if…
- the company and projects excite you!
- you’ve built large, world-class Android apps, preferably in Kotlin.
- you’re excited to deliver high-quality features at a fast pace.
- you’re passionate about automated testing and continuous delivery.
- you’re a direct and empathetic communicator.
- you’re excited to level-up our testing, debugging, and product quality.
- you’re comfortable with a little chaos. We’re a fast-growing product and team, so we’re constantly making improvements when process/technical issues come up.
Bonus points if…
- you have management experience.
- you have experience with complex third party ad networks.
- you have system-level Android experience (we have big plans for 2020).
To apply for this job, please visit current.us.