Summary of Opportunity
The Product Owner for New Horizons will be a key stakeholder in our salesforce integration within our forthcoming business operations ecosystem. They are responsible for having a vision of the software and conveying that vision to the team. The product owner is responsible for maintaining a prioritized backlog of features for the project in partnership with a Scrum Master. This position will report directly to the VP, Business Operation Systems.
New Horizons Computer Learning Centers is the world’s largest independent IT training company with over 300 locations in 72 countries. We pioneered technology training 35 years ago, and we aren’t going to slow down anytime soon. Our mission to upgrade people every day is fueled by our unending desire to always be better ourselves.
- Subject Matter Expert in Salesforce
- Oversee and review the progress of the project from inception through roll-out and release
- Meet with internal and external stakeholders to understand the business needs
- Create and write user stories for the product; understanding of key stakeholders and users
- Maintain and communicate the vision of the project to the development team
- Partner with Scrum Master to develop and maintain a product backlog with priority ranking
- Work with a scrum master and engineers through development of the product
- Ensure project results meet established requirements regarding quality, reliability, schedule and cost
- Monitors performance and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions
- Work in an agile/scrum environment; present the progress and do demos of the product periodically to stakeholders
- 4+ years of related experience in, and deep understanding of, one of the following: Learning Management Systems, Finance, Assessment, Marketing Communications, CRM (Salesforce)
- Deep understanding and appreciation for technical training, adult learning, and education
- Experience in communicating technical changes
- Strong understanding of the latest trends and how to incorporate relevant emerging technologies while maintaining daily operations
- Demonstrated leadership through product mindset, agile software development managing scrum practices and building for business outcomes
- Experience working with outsourced and overseas teams
- Data driven
- Strong initiative, high energy, hands-on and impeccable integrity
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and in a team environment with minimum supervision
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit www.indeed.com.