We are the people behind https://wordpress.com, Jetpack, and WooCommerce. We’re looking for a Sales and Marketing Analytics Engineer to join our Jetpack team.
AS A SALES AND MARKETING ANALYTICS ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Use data to clearly communicate valuable insights and empower our leaders to demonstrate data to measure and prove success
- Own reporting and insights as part of weekly/monthly/quarterly business review
- Work together with teams inside and outside our data organization to define clear metrics and meaningful tracking to drive the growth of our business
- Perform ad hoc analyses to better understand customer experience, behavior, and product usage
- Make our data available: you’ll work to connect data sources, design database models, and build ETL pipelines via Airflow.
- Make our data actionable: you’ll prototype and develop powerful Looker models to build smart dashboards that help our product and business teams succeed.
- Always be raising data quality. That includes auditing sources, documenting issues, driving resolutions together with other teams, and implementing well-documented, performant, and tested transformations.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You’re highly collaborative and experienced in working with business owners, executives, developers, and creatives to discuss data, strategy, and tests.
- You’re proficient in SQL: window functions and CTEs are part of our daily work.
- You have worked in a Hadoop ecosystem before (in the day to day, we use Trino, Hive, and Spark).
- You have experience with data integration, connectors, and related APIs.
- You have used a business intelligence platform: we use Looker, but other platforms and an ability to learn can go a long way.
- You have experience working across teams to deliver analytics solutions and are familiar with common metrics of software as a service (SaaS) business. Especially if you have experience with analytics for WordPress SaaS businesses.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- You’re able to communicate clearly with and about data to technical and non-technical partners.
- You have used a data flow scheduling system like Airflow.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. Let us know what you can contribute to the team.
Please include answers to these questions in your application form:
- Tell us how the Analytics Engineer role fits into an Analytics organization, and how your experience and skills qualify you to play that role.
- Tell us about the time when you used analytics to accelerate business growth. How did you identify the opportunity, what actions did you take and what were the exact results of your contributions?
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, Jetpack, Longreads, Day One, PocketCasts, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.