We are a closely-held web and mobile (don’t forget the data!) development firm and we are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer. Are you an experienced DevOps Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer? Maybe a developer who is interested in infrastructure? Looking for a no-politics zone to do your best work? Mercury is the place for you!
The DevOps Engineer position entails system engineering tasks related to Azure infrastructure, Amazon Web Services, build and release automation and application deployment. The DevOps Engineer is also responsible for strategic infrastructure choices, standard operating procedures and appropriate monitoring and management of Mercury’s cloud infrastructure and our clients’ deployed production applications.
The DevOps Engineer will be engaged in a range of web application development including:
- Azure and AWS infrastructure solution engineering for web and native solutions
- Implement and manage infrastructure for large-scale web applications using Terraform, Ansible and ARM templates, among others
- Ongoing application metrics monitoring and resolution
- Container spinup and management
- Support and participate in web application product development and operations teams
Skills & Requirements
The position requires a strong background in systems, cloud infrastructure and experience with infrastructure scripting and management. Mercury’s technical staff possess strong skills in the technologies of their trade and, just as importantly, exhibit maturity in design patterns, architectural best practices and development frameworks. Interpersonal communication, time management and technical excellence are expected of the DevOps Engineer.
At Mercury you will:
- Work with a full team following GitFlow with continuous deployment pipelines
- Deploy, maintain and monitor AWS and Azure cloud infrastructure (PaaS and IaaS predominantly)
- Stand up and administer databases (VM-installed databases, PaaS databases and NoSQL cloud data stores)
- Set up and operate automated test infrastructure and runners including technology such as Selenium and Jest
- Write ample amounts of PowerShell, AWS CLI and all other kinds of scripts
Proficiency and comfort on Agile teams (specifically, Scrum with 2 week sprints) will be a major plus for this position.
What Kind of Projects Will You Work On?
- Web, mobile and collaboration applications for the Southeast’s fastest growing commercial real estate firms
- Progressive web application (PWA) for one of the nation’s leading furniture retailers
- Ecommerce, operational management and transactional reporting system for a funded late-stage startup
- PWA applications for Fortune 50 consumer products field workforce
- Data dashboards, drill down business intelligence reports and mobile reporting for global professional services firms
How to Know If You’re A Fit
If any of the following excites you, we definitely want to talk to you!
This Is A Remote-Friendly Position
Mercury is a distributed workforce with developers and designers located throughout the United States. We are open to applicants located anywhere in the continental United States (we find all team members being within 3 time zones of each other best for collaboration) and also Tampa-based developers.
About H1B Visas and Recruiters
At this time we are not considering the sponsorship of H1B candidates. Also, no recruiters. Definitely; please no recruiters. None. No matter how good you think your candidate is.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit careers.mercurynewmedia.com.