What We Do
Simply put, we make websites easier to use. Through a scientific method of determining which site improvements result in actual performance improvements, we replace the old way of designing sites through gut feel and management opinions with designing sites through data.
If you’re interested in checking out the swell people you’ll be working with, click here to learn more about the team.
Our Hiring Process
We’re glad you’re interested in working with us. We have a fairly unusual hiring process, but it has proven to work well both for us and for potential new hires. We have found that demonstrating basic competency is the best predictor of initial qualification for working with us, followed by actual work.
Our process reflects that: below, we outline our values and how we work, and then ask you to complete a small task. Assuming we like your response, we will hire you for a “paid interview” where you start working with us for a small number of hours each week. If both parties like working together, we expand the relationship. If not, we go our separate ways and both sides “won” in the deal!
If you have questions as you go through this, make notes and if we haven’t answered them by the end, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
*Our positions are fully remote and to ensure compliance with all applicable labor laws, are open to U.S.-based applicants only. In general, we are not hiring in Washington state, Oregon state, San Francisco, New York, or New Jersey as it is difficult for distributed companies like ours to hire in those locations.*
- We’re a remote company. We are spread out all over the country and enjoy the flexibility remote working affords. Want to go on a mountain bike ride in the middle of the day? Cool, don’t forget your helmet! Need to pick the kids up from school? Nice, you’ve got parent of the year in the bag. We stay connected through Slack and workcations, including one annual trip that is partially funded by the company.
- We work hard and move fast. We’re working on a lot of different websites with varying underlying technologies. You’ll see a lot of pages and forms and there’s not a lot of automation. Maintaining quality while working on so much requires more than just checking boxes, you’ll need to think critically.
- Again, we’re a remote company. That makes communication — including writing and reading comprehension — extremely important. You’ll work closely with product managers, designers and writers. This is not a simple “pull tickets and check in code” gig. Successful applicants enjoy the process of defining and clarifying specs, documenting processes, improving processes, and uploading custom emoji to Slack.
What we’re looking for
- Consistency / Reliability. This is a remote position. You’ll be responsible for keeping the trains moving.
- Strong Communication. Written communication must be clear.
- Gmail / Spreadsheet Proficiency.
- Nice to haves: Technical focus in schooling (e.g., Code School, CS, or MIS Degree).
About the Position
- No prior QA experience is required. Our QA is a manual process and does not require an enterprise QA skill set.
- Full-time or contracting positions. At the outset, your schedule should be flexible as work ebbs and flows.
- Career advancement opportunities available. Driven individuals will find upward mobility into project management roles.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit docs.google.com.