Thing is, we’re not talking about someone specific. In fact, that’s the problem. We’re talking about a set of traits and an attitude, which is scarce! We want QA Engineers who see things differently; that don’t conform to the norm. You’re ready to get the job done, and even surprise us.
- You understand that communication is the biggest responsibility of your job, and the one you’re least likely to get right unless you focus on it
- When you take on a task whether it’s huge and scary or tiny and boring, you’re going to see it through to the best of your ability
- You focus on building tests for products that protect users and that matter to the company you’re building them for
- You are confident with a number of programming languages and tools. You probably have one of each you prefer right now, but you’re neither dogmatic nor myopic in your focus on it
- Work with the Product and Development teams in developing a QA testing strategy for projects
- Determining the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests, as well as the types of tests (UI, API, functional/performance/load, and so on)
- Improve and build upon our test suite, test guidelines, and testing culture
- Review and test your teammates’ pull requests
- 3+ years of software testing & development experience including manual and automated testing of web applications and APIs
- Advanced problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with, and a strong understanding of Ruby on Rails and RSpec
- Ability to manage tasks from assignment through to production
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- You have remote communication and collaboration down to an art (chat, video, email, etc)
- Experience improving test suite performance
- A solid team player (we’re peers here, no egos, please), you highly value working with people you like and respect, you’re agile, humble, trustworthy, and you’re comfortable working asynchronously, too
- Accountable, you’re hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
TaxJar is a human-first company.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
To apply for this job, please visit www.taxjar.com.