To start because we all hate finding the perfect position in the wrong timezone. While this position is remote, we’re looking for someone who will have significant overlap (at least 5 hours) with Central European Time during a typical workday. We’re not hiring from locations that require a graveyard shift to make the overlap happen.
At Sleeknote, we’re looking for someone that will run tests that protect users and the company. You will be our first and only full-time QA position for the foreseeable future. You should be comfortable wearing multiple hats, from helping Support with an issue to testing a new feature (manual or automation) to make sure other departments are ready for a feature release. You will also have a hand in defining how QA should work at Sleeknote.
Here are some things we’re looking for:
- You understand that communication is the most significant responsibility of your job and the one you’re least likely to get right unless you focus on it.
- When you take on a task, whether it’s huge and scary or tiny and boring, you’re going to see it through to the best of your ability.
- You have a vision for how QA should work, and working with others, take small steps each day to get there.
- You love automating things (tests and other repetitive tasks) but know when it’s not the right thing to do.
What we expect from our QA:
- Work with the Product and Development teams in developing a QA testing strategy for features and regressions.
- Determine and execute the appropriate balance of automated and manual and tests.
- Test and possibly review your teammates’ pull requests
- Support customer success in diagnosing customer issues
- Coordinate with other departments on feature releases
- Advanced problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to manage tasks from assignment through to production
- Have remote communication and collaboration down to an art (chat, video, email, etc.)
- A solid team player. We discuss options but all commit to one solution, including QA processes and test automation tools.
- Highly value working with people you like and respect, you’re agile, humble, trustworthy, and you’re comfortable working asynchronously, too.
- Accountable and hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail.
Even if you don’t feel you are a perfect fit for everything described, please apply as we are excited to hear from people looking to grow.
What happens next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. You’ll hear from us! Whether you have advanced to the interview stage or not. Expect 2-3 interviews, all one hour, all remote, with your future colleagues, on your schedule. We’ll talk through your background, your approach to QA and dive into your professional knowledge. No gotchas or surprises.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the screening process. We see many applicants, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to provide personalized feedback.
Applying for a new job is a significant, long-term career move to consider. We appreciate you giving us that consideration, and we promise to provide you with our full attention in return. We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit sleeknote.com.