Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
This position is remote friendly. You will have the option to opt into one of the following work environments:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Only if you have/will have a permanent address in NY, NJ, PA, CT, NC, GA, FL, TX, CA, WA
AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investment and business leaders with a dynamic network of industry professionals whose informed perspectives help our clients make superior investment and business decisions. We take great pride in our mission to unlock humanity’s knowledge and power progress for professionals, businesses, and society.
With 1500+ employees and nine offices across the US, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. We take great pride in our mission to unlock humanity’s knowledge and power progress for professionals, businesses, and society. Learn more at https://www.alphasights.com.
The QA Analyst role:
AlphaSights is looking for a proactive and driven QA Analyst to join the Technical Operations (IT) Team. We are a digital business in which continuous uptime and smooth IT experience is central to our success. The role of the QA Analyst therefore represents a visible and valued opportunity for the right candidate to have an immediate impact. Working alongside our Software Engineering team and Product Managers, you will focus on supporting the user experience that is driven by the development of new and innovative products, as well as enhancing existing products and technologies.
From day one, you will be given areas of responsibility and be expected to manage your own time. You will need to maintain a positive, problem-solving mindset, and be attracted by the challenge of delivering high quality support in a fast-paced environment. You must be proactive, creative, and enjoy interacting with other people. You will always be looking for ways to improve your own work while at the same time being committed to helping the wider team succeed. You are excited to make the most of on-the-job and classroom-based learning, and the opportunity to dive into the field of IT through exposure to a wide array of different technologies, regions, and challenges.
Working largely with the teams based in New York, you will also have the opportunity to work with teams based in other offices across US, EMEA and Asia.
What you’ll be doing:
- Becoming a subject matter expert for products and services
- Developing test plans and test cases across multiple projects
- Manual and Automated Testing of applications
- Evaluating UI/UX issues and providing feedback for improvements/enhancements
- Creating and tracking bugs/defects throughout the development lifecycle
- Verifying resolved bugs for release
- Troubleshooting and debugging user issues with proprietary applications
- Serving as a liaison between users, Software Engineering and Product Development
- Working with Engineering and Product teams to proactively identify parameters, environment configs/settings and edge cases
- Breaking down projects into discrete test scenarios
- Breaking down test scenarios into discrete test steps
- Working with Product Team and Development to gain clarity on acceptance criteria
- Providing feedback on positives and negatives for Retrospectives
- Using various channels of communication for work, progress tracking and team building
- Collaborate with the Product team on iteration planning, releases, feature requests and prioritization
- Learn from existing Knowledge-Base articles for various domains
- Contribute to an existing Knowledge-Base for QA Team
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 2+ years of relevant experience in similar roles
- Attained a Bachelor’s degree, strong preference for relevant fields (Computer Science, Management Information Systems/Services, Computer Information Systems etc.)
- Experience within an agile (continuous deployment) environment
- Have evident problem solving skills; strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate strong strategic thinking and solution orientation
- Focus on excellent time management, decision-making and organizational skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in product documentation
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and developing environment
- Have API Testing experience
- Have experience with Selenium or Cypress
- Have experience with Postman
- Have experience with versioning especially via GitHub
- Are adaptable and work well with ambiguity
- Are a continuous learner
- Have experience with JIRA, Azure DevOps or another significant bug tracking and project management system
- Have experience using test management tools
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas for this position.