Job Description – Project Manager (Technical)
We’re here to introduce the world to Bitcoin. Fold makes it easy to earn bitcoin, instead of airline miles and hotel points, on everyday purchases via our mobile app and the Fold Visa Debit Card. We’re growing like crazy with a loyal (and loud!) community which has generated a lot of buzz (Fortune, Bloomberg).
Fold’s Project Manager will work alongside our leadership team to manage the development of the Fold Card. This position requires a thoughtful and enthusiastic professional who is passionate about creating best-in-class product and bring the Fold’s vision for the card to life.
How You’ll Drive the Development of the Fold Card
- Coordinate completion of features and milestones on time within budget and within scope.
- Coordinate with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Meet with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Oversee all aspects of Fold Card development and launch.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project.
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of deadlines and milestones.
- Coordinating the development of FAQs, training materials, and other media as needed to enable customers to use, learn about and share the Fold Card.
- Conducting post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Other duties as assigned
Why We’ll Love You
- You have a demonstrated passion for customer service, and take pride in delivering exceptional customer support experiences
- You like to have fun, and want to be part of a team that is building an innovative product
- You have experience working for an early stage startup, and are able to balance the optimism and pragmatism that are required to work in that environment
- You’re intellectually curious, comfortable rolling up your sleeves to find solutions and learn new things, with a focus on supporting the growth of the company
- You’re excited about our mission, and by the thought of disrupting legacy business models in the industry
- You have the drive to initiate and follow through on projects with little oversight, and the grit to work through obstacles while collaborating with the team
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams to achieve shared goals
- You excel in communicating, as it is crucial to the smooth operation of our distributed team
Why You’ll Love Us
- We’re a highly collaborative, fully remote team
- Generous benefits, including health, vision and dental insurance
- Unlimited time off policy – we trust you to manage your own time
- Paid parental leave
- Company retreats and onsite meetings (at least, after COVID)
Project Manager Requirements:
- 2-6 years of project management and related experience
- 2+ years of experience working within a technical team and development/coding experience is a plus
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices (PMBOK)
- Experience within an Agile environment
- Demonstrable ability to lead project teams of various sizes.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Certified Project Manager (CPM) or other related project management certification is preferred
- US Residency (a current requirement of being a Fold Card holder)
- A background in start-ups or in fintechs is helpful but not required for this position
Key Performance Indicators:
- On time project delivery
- On budget project delivery
- Minimize scope creep
- Ensuring project meets business and technical objectives
- Send cover letter and resume to the address below
- Interested in the position, but don’t meet all the requirements? We’d still love to meet you, and invite you to apply. Fold is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate against applicants for any reason.