At ThinkCERCA, we believe critical thinking is the catalyst for change. We build software to teach critical thinking skills by helping students become better writers. Bill Gates called our tools “game-changing” and we’ve seen great results.
But there’s still more we can do.
To help us grow, we’re looking for an empathetic Professional Development Contractor in Ohio or Kentucky to support the implementation of ThinkCERCA across the larger Cincinnati metro area.
Who We’re Looking For
You are passionate about education and entrepreneurial in spirit. You’ve been a teacher or school leader before, and you are great at building relationships with educators. You know how to lead an engaging professional development session for school teams. You are very comfortable with technology. You are excited about becoming an expert on our online platform to assist teachers and administrators. You are familiar with models of blended learning—ideally you have even successfully implemented a blended learning initiative in your classroom!
You are more than comfortable spending a chunk of your time working autonomously, but you are also a team player, enjoy collaborating with remote coworkers, and forging relationships with others. You will work closely with Cincinnati’s School Success Manager, Kristin Ptolemy, and Regional Director of Success for the Midwest, Steve Glaeser.
This is a part-time, contracted position with flexible hours (10-30+) each week; the schedule each week will change based on training and teacher needs. Therefore, we are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to adjust their hours based on the needs of the district.
- Support our partners in the larger Cincinnati metro area with the use of ThinkCERCA.
- Lead individual and department trainings for teachers’ implementation of ThinkCERCA in their classrooms.
- Observe teachers using ThinkCERCA in the classroom, providing feedback and coaching.
- Build relationships with district and school administrators.
- Create professional development materials for a variety of needs, including blended learning, curriculum and instruction, differentiation, and literacy across the curriculum.
- Collaborate effectively with ThinkCERCA’s team, as you collectively work to support school district customers.
- Reside within an hour’s drive of the larger Cincinnati metro area (Ohio or Kentucky)
- College degree, preferably in Education
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a classroom
- Experience developing and facilitating professional development in a variety of settings
- Expertise in blended learning, curriculum and instruction, differentiation, and/or literacy across the curriculum
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills—ability to interact effectively at all organizational levels and assist educators with technology, implementation strategies and literacy across disciplines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong technology skills with a proficiency in G Suite, and a willingness to learn additional technology tools that support the work
ThinkCERCA’s core values act as a guiding force for the entire team. These values place a specific emphasis on our desire to create and sustain a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone we encounter.
As a team of 30-plus employees, we recognize the importance of bringing a wide range of perspectives to a company that works with a diverse population of students, teachers, families, and administrators. The continued evolution of our product is dependent on the diverse mix of voices and backgrounds from our team.
To be diverse, ThinkCERCA works to recruit, hire, and retain employees from all walks of life. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, ability, or military status. In fact, we love celebrating and learning from the diverse voices that our team brings together. Everyone is welcome here.
To be an inclusive environment for all, ThinkCERCA expects all staff to contribute to and refine our diversity and inclusion practices. It is each person’s responsibility to make all team members feel welcome. We appreciate when our colleagues share their background and experiences in order to continually improve upon our product and services.
The work to create such an environment does not end with hiring. We provide employees with professional development opportunities and trainings throughout the year on topics such as recognizing unconscious bias, giving growth-mindset feedback, and building cultural competency. The work to create a welcoming and diverse environment is never finished—we’re looking for team members who will continually push to make ThinkCERCA’s culture better.
To apply for this job, please visit thinkcerca.applytojob.com.