People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We’re a team, built on trust
- We’re proud to be remote
- We’re in control of our own destiny
- Drive product development through the entire development cycle, from conceptualization, design and development, through to launch and ongoing support in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Analyze data to help make better product decisions and always be fine tuning our product strategy and roadmap
- Balance business needs versus technical decisions and constraints
- Manage, maintain and communicate the product roadmap to the company
- Organize and adhere to release plans and work cross functionally to ensure everyone is on-track to reach their assigned goals
- Advocate for internal and external customers in new initiatives, features, etc.
- Bring new perspectives on how we can improve our product to better serve our customers, while ensuring we stay true to our focus, core values and mission
- Be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be excited to work in a fully-distributed environment with multiple teams
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Built APIs, products, and complex systems at scale
- Experience developing/working on integrations, or platforms
- Data driven, with strong problem framing and analytical skills. You must be able to properly frame and size complex problems, then break them down into actionable steps
- Strong interpersonal skills; you will need to develop strong relationships with developers, customer success, sales and marketing team members, and partners.
- Self-directed, self-motivated, and an evangelizer of action within the organization
- Superior attention to detail, with strong process and writing skills
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (Basecamp, chat, zoom, email, etc)
- A computer science, or software engineering experience is a plus
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more
To apply for this job, please visit www.taxjar.com.