At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Would you enjoy the quick decision-making of a small, innovative team while benefiting from the stability of a large corporation? Our team helps create beautiful consumer grade experiences in key areas of the large Workday application. We have the opportunity to positively change how our customers work with enterprise applications – making them more engaging, personalized, and interactive. Whether you want to work for a team that values work life balance and camaraderie, build solid software that will be used by millions, or want to work for a market leader named a top workplace, join us on the Workday People Experience Team.
The People Experience team is looking for exceptional individuals to build out products that enable the creation of personalized, next generation workplaces. We build high-quality applications and microservices. We collaborate constantly and are continually looking for ways to work better together.
Come join a growing team where you will have the opportunity to build products that positively change how our customers work with enterprise applications – making them more engaging, personalized, and interactive.
About the Role
We’re looking for a versatile Senior Product Manager to contribute to the growth of the Workday Today & Journeys product area. Workday Today & Journeys provides admins the tools they need to design a first and class employee experience for their organizations! This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic product manager who thrives on learning about new technologies and working on fun and challenging projects. It’s a hands-on, technically inclined role, where you’ll be working with an amazing cross-functional team to understand customer needs, gather requirements, and then lead the overall process of taking this product from design through to production.
You are customer and solutions focused. A fast learner, detail oriented, decisive, and enjoy a fast-paced work environment. You are an initiative taker, early adopter, and technology enthusiast, able to translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes. You are able to work closely with engineering teams to deliver features quickly and with optimal resources. You are a collaborative team player who uses positive leadership to coordinate and deliver results across teams. You are ambitious and get great pleasure from helping others understand, coordinate and address their challenges. You embrace being the ‘voice of the customer’ during product development.
We are looking for:
- Passionate: about user research driven design and development.
- Flexible: willingness to change direction, based on new information.
- Organized: adept at product ownership, scrum, story creation.
- Collaborative: coordinate large-scale projects and teams across Workday
- Inspiring: communicate effectively with customers, partners and the market
- Technical: work with engineers to navigate technical issues.
- Effective: work with remote teams in various Workday locations to ensure goals are met
- You see product development as a team sport, and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile, continuous discovery and continuous delivery mindset.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal – with the ability to deliver engaging presentations and demos to customers and partners
- You are an excellent communicator, presenter, and collaborator
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a Product Manager in an agile development environment
- Organize and lead product discovery to feed the strategic backlog in your product area.
- Form product theses about how to serve those markets, and work closely with engineering and design teams to test and iteratively refine them.
- Synthesize customer insights for developers to help inform the design of the product.
- Write detailed product specifications, including UX mockups, and detailed user stories.
- Work closely with product leads across the business to inform the portfolio product vision and long-term roadmap.
- Own the release plan and functional backlog for your product area, and align it with all stakeholders and dependencies.
- Set and track metrics for your product area.
- Engage directly with customers in both structured and unstructured settings and communication.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to more junior team members.