As Be My Guest continues to grow, we are looking for an experienced and hungry Podcast Showrunner to join our fully distributed team!
If you’re reading this, then you very well might be the perfect fit. You’re our ideal candidate if you consider yourself one part podcast strategist, one part podcast creator, and one part podcast marketer.
That’s a super-brief intro, and there’s a lot more to it. But first, you need to know if you’ll even like working with us (we think you will).
A Bit About Us
Be My Guest is a podcast production and PR agency that helps brands like Freshbooks, HubSpot, and Four Sigmatic grow through podcasting.
We create original podcasts for brands looking to build authority in their space, connect directly with prospects, and align their team to the company mission.
We also serve our clients by bridging the gap between them and the podcasts that reach their ideal customers and readers, in order to gain more publicity, grow their audience, and drive sales of their products and services.
We’re profitable, bootstrapped, and growing. Be My Guest started in 2016 and we haven’t taken any outside funding—we’re in it for the long haul.
What We Need
Main Goal: Well, a Podcast Showrunner of course.
Stretch Goal: The above + someone who gives Ron Burgundy his due respect.
You’ll be helping our clients grow their businesses by launching and producing their own branded podcasts. This is a hands-on role that is responsible for managing the podcast creation and production process and continuously pushing each show’s quality forward.
This is a client facing role, so having a way with words via email, phone, and handwritten letters is a must.
Specifically, your day-to-day will be broken down as follows:
70% Client & Guest Management
- Pitching, booking, and scheduling podcast guests
- Prepping our hosts and their guests for each episode
- Being the liaison for the client team, BMG’s internal team, and external freelancers to ensure that there is effective cross-functional communication
- Ensure all deliverables are met in order to adhere to each new client’s launch date and each current client’s publishing schedule
20 % Organization & Strategy
- Overall podcast operations/project management
- Crafting Strategy Reports for potential clients.
- Creating each new client’s podcast “Show Playbook” to document all the pieces that would make their show…well, theirs. Pieces that, when combined, create their show’s strategy and north star (based on their goals).
- Owning final assets for episode publishing.
- Managing calendars for each podcast.
- Keeping HubSpot and Basecamp updated to reflect current client & episode status.
- Coordinating episode promotion with client marketing teams.
- Aid in building processes that will serve us and our clients better.
- Be proactive in thinking of, recommending, and executing new enhancements to client podcasts based on their goals such as increased show frequencies, new show formats/segments, and different types of guests.
- Coordinate episodes/season planning meetings to ensure every client has the best guest and topic alignment.
- Coaching and developing host talent through interviewing best practices, feedback meetings, etc.
You’re the One We’re Looking for if…
The Starting Line
- You have at least 2 years experience as a “Showrunner” or “Podcast Producer” keeping shows running in a highly organized and timely manner.
- You have a broad understanding of podcast production, marketing, and sales best practices, and can contextualize your recommendations to clients based on their business and goals.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for the intersection of podcasting, content, business, and marketing.
- You’re a voracious podcast listener with deep perspective and opinion on where the podcast industry is going.
The Finish Line
- You are coachable and ego doesn’t get in your way (you’re happy doing high-level projects as well as mundane administrative tasks).
- You can balance multiple projects at the same time (attention to detail test – use the word “quilt” somewhere in your application).
- You know the inner workings of Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs in a way that others may find disturbing.
- You have experience scheduling and managing calendars of multiple people at once.
- You’re familiar with Basecamp, Asana, and/or HubSpot.
- You aren’t afraid to ask questions.
The Victory Lap
- You love making people happy and possess a servant mentality.
- You have a scrappy, can-do attitude. Things go wrong with guests and production. You must be able to figure it out.
- You have an upbeat, bubbly, and friendly personality that shines through virtual communication. If you don’t laugh at a good meme or get sarcasm we may not be a great fit.
- You’re a good human (if you’ve ever kicked an animal that wasn’t attacking you or cursed at a homeless person please don’t apply).
- On more than one occasion people (not your parents) have complimented how proactive you are.
- You have internal motivation (we’re a fully remote company that does not micromanage).
- Must live in the United States.
Let’s Talk Logistics
We work really hard to make working at Be My Guest an amazing experience. We have a team full of truly exceptional people—the kind you’ll be excited to work with. Here’s how we operate:
LIVE AND WORK WHERE YOU WANT
We’re a distributed team, so you can live and work wherever you want (from your house, favorite coffee shop, co-working space, etc.). For our ideal candidate, proximity won’t influence their productivity because they are internally motivated. Our only requirement is that you have a reliable internet connection and can focus on work during work time!
TAKE VACATION (SERIOUSLY)
We want you to take vacation. In fact, we have a minimum vacation policy of three weeks per year (not including holidays). It’s important to get out and do something. We’ll look forward to seeing pictures of your vacation.
UP YOUR GAME
We’re serious about helping you improve your craft. Think conferences, books, dedicated time away from work to learn something new…it’s really up to you and your manager. But we love to see our people growing.
- This is a full-time 40 hour per week contract position.
- We are a fast-growing company, and see this position leading to potential growth opportunities in the future.
Let’s Do This Thing
If all of this sounds like we wrote it specifically with you in mind, then please submit your application via the link below.
Note: If we like your application we will ask you to complete a test project free of charge to give us a better idea of how you operate hands-on. The work completed in said test project isn’t used for anything outside of gaining perspective on your work.
Thanks for your time! We know you could be on IG right now, but chose to spend time with us instead and we’ll never forget that. We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit apply.workable.com.