Hello. Biteable here. We’re always looking for great talent around the world and would love to hear from you. Please submit your application, and we’d love to stay in touch and reach out if there’s a good fit. Thanks for your interest in Biteable!
A little about Biteable
Biteable is an online video tool that puts the power of making a video in your hands. We enable you to create a video from scratch using our broad library of animations and footage.
Since launching in 2014, the goal has been to make top-quality videos possible for everyone with a tool that’s sublimely simple. We have created a community of over 7 million users, rendered more than 12 million videos, and raised $10 million in venture capital.
At Biteable we’re committed to the happiness of our employees. We love it when everyone feels supported, and we doubly love it when everyone feels empowered to create.
The Biteable team is scattered around the globe from Denver to Salt Lake City to Sydney and lots of places in between. Our diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are the glue that binds us. We treat each other like adults, and we set our own schedules. We also recognize that families (and pets) are part of our daily lives, and we like that they often turn up on our video calls. We are informal, structurally flat, and fun to work with.
Biteable is a bit of a rarity in that everyone genuinely cares about each other. When asked, they use words like these to describe their colleagues: rigorous, respectful, open, supportive, honest, and egoless.
Platform Engineers are responsible for building the tools and systems that allow the rest of the company to build the products that our customers love. This encompasses everything from infrastructure management to test automation to security, privacy, SRE, and maybe even some application code from time to time.
We see Platform Engineers as some of the most highly leveraged team members–they deliver the solutions to challenging problems that few people see directly, but everybody relies upon. As we scale our team, your collaborative approach to this role will be a key to our success.
All about you:
- 7+ years of professional experience in high-visibility SaaS environments
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fully distributed team
- Demonstrated ability to balance optimizations across an array of concerns, like performance, maintainability, security, privacy, etc.
- Deep, first-hand experience with prominent infrastructure automation tools like Docker, k8s, Terraform, Ansible, Chef
- Deep experience with datastore management, preferably Postgres in RDS
- Experience with implementing and optimizing third-party monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience with experimenting with, deploying, managing, and EOLing cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS, and preferably with an IaC approach
- Experience managing 3rd-party developer tools
- Degree in computer science or equivalent, or comparable industry experience
- Experience with the above in the context of video generation, rendering, or transcoding is a plus
All about the role. You will:
- Help the team optimize our internal platform
- Collaboratively design, implement, and manage new systems like build-test-deploy automation and other self-service tools for developers
- Maintain and enhance existing systems
- Contribute to application code as needed
- Manage delivery against varying timelines and dependencies from around the company
- Embed in a platform squad and be accountable to squadmates for delivery of tools and services