Taking the initiative to own your department and its function?
Managing people to help them perform at a high level?
Coming up with new ideas to improve the workflow?
Analyzing gaps/data to make high-level decisions?
Continuously learning new things and the challenges that they bring?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to all of the above then please keep reading…
Who we are
Momentum Brands is looking for a hungry, growth-minded operations expert with experience driving business growth. We are fully remote and based in Australia, China, and the Philippines.
About the role
You will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s ongoing operations and procedures.
You will be the organization’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of the business and the development of turning high-level strategies into actionable outputs.
Team leadership is essential to maintain control of diverse business operations while managing existing processes and staging for future growth.
We require someone with excellent people skills, business acumen, and exemplary work ethic.
The goals for this role are:
- Work with the team to understand all the current processes and make improvements.
- Get a full understanding of the roles that we need to recruit so you know exactly the type of people that we need.
- Find and hire the best people for each role.
- Work with every department so everybody knows exactly what they are accountable for.
- Within 6 months you’ll be managing all the day-to-day operations of the business.
Think of yourself as the conductor of the orchestra. You do not have to be an expert at every instrument, but you will have to know which end to blow into!
This is a demanding role, but you will have the full support of the owner to be the best that you can be.
This is a fully remote position, and you can work from anywhere in the world. You can make your own schedule apart from team meetings and other meetings you deem necessary to perform your role to the best of your ability.
*Meeting time availability between 1pm and 5pm AET (Melbourne, Australia time zone) for team calls.
Management / Leadership of the team
- Working out which roles the company needs.
- Find and hire the best people for those roles.
- Manage the team to help everybody do their best work.
- Setting weekly and monthly goals and KPIs with the team.
- Manage and lead all team calls and communications.
- Make sure the systems and processes are in place for all areas of the business and are kept up to date.
- Help us get aligned with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) from Gino Wickman’s book Traction.
- Set us up to scale from 7 figures in revenue to 8 figures, and beyond.
- Be able to solve any problems that inevitably happen.
- Recognise when a supplier/third party/team member is telling you something that doesn’t seem accurate and be able to have difficult conversations.
- At least two years of experience managing people.
- Be compulsively organised.
- Flexibility. We want everybody to have a work/life balance but there will be times when issues occur in different timezones and you have to work early or late.
- Confident communication. (you should be able to create a job description far superior to this one!)
- The ability to learn quickly about things you’ve had no previous experience in.
- Extreme accountability.
- Friendly and personable, yet ﬁrm and able to keep others accountable.
- Obsessive attention to detail. (To prove this include the answer, in words, to 11 x 3 in the fifth text box on the application form).
- Fast, reliable internet.
- You will take actions that align with our core values (listed below).
Nice to have
- Experience with ClickUp, Google Docs, and Slack.
- Experience working with Amazon Seller Central.
- Experience with supply chain or logistics.
- Experience with finding, interviewing, and hiring great people.
- Experience working remotely.
Must not have
- Your own business that you want a ‘side job’ to help fund.
- A lot going on already and don’t have the time and focus to really dive into a new challenge.
- A fixed mindset.
- A need to be a people pleaser.
What you get
- Competitive salary based on your experience.
- Autonomy to run a successful business.
- Access to whatever learnings and tools you need.
- The opportunity to work remotely from anywhere and on a schedule that works for you.
- Twelve paid vacation days per year as well as paid holidays for Easter, Christmas, and New Year.
- Be part of a great team that all have aspirations to make big things happen.
Do what you say you will and always do what’s best for the company. Correct mistakes even when no one would notice. Be proud of your work.
Always communicate clearly with honesty no matter how uncomfortable it is or how vulnerable it makes you feel. Be proactive and default to immediately stating your thoughts.
We acknowledge that everything can always be improved. We take ownership of our role and are passionate about improving it, and ourselves, every day.
We will always perform better as a team than as individuals. We will always communicate with respect and make decisions that benefit the team and not ourselves.
We will approach each challenge with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude. We are enthusiastic, energetic, tenacious, hardworking, and are proactive about overcoming any issues or unknowns.
To apply for this job, please visit docs.google.com.