We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Nodejs Engineer to join our team and work with us to build and implement new features and functionalities for our e-commerce marketing solutions. You’ll work closely with other Engineering team members to continue building out our applications, services, APIs, and backend systems to move our products forward.
We’re looking for someone with plenty of experience and drive to get things done. We’re looking for a well-rounded developer, simply writing good code isn’t enough. We want someone who can think about creative solutions to complex problems and be opinionated about product decisions. We move fast and encourage breaking things to build them better!
The Node JS engineer will drive our applications:
- developing server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database
- ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end, as well as integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application
- understanding of front-end technologies
- writing the backend code to enhance our products and services, introducing new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements
- connect backend code to the frontend, create new internal and public API endpoints, and modify existing services to support additional functionality.
About the role
- This is a Senior level position, looking for experienced candidates only.
- Currently considering candidates within a 6-hour difference from EST only.
- Must be excellent at communication (fluent in English). Written communication is key given the async mode prevalence in our communication and working style.
- Comfortable working in a fully remote company with a distributed team.
- Driven by accountability, ownership, collaboration.
- Babel, ES6, and up to date with latest releases
- Vue, React, Svelte, or other modern frontend frameworks.
- Webpack or Rollup
- Promise Handling
- Bundling and bundling strategies
- Lodash, Moment/Dayjs, RxJs
- Connection Pooling
- Correct schema management and databases
- Design Patterns
- Bonus: TDD
- Bonus: yields, bitwise operators, proxies
- Bonus: Buffers & wildcard imports
- Bonus +: Correct use and knowledge of scope / Low-level optimizations like short-circuit, destructuring, limits on nested objects, etc.
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for world-class talent with energy, drive, and a conviction to push digital commerce forward. This might be for you if…
- You excel at your craft — your work is well crafted and well tested.
- You have experience with scale — you’ve worked with companies that have experienced rapid growth and understand what it takes to reach the next level.
- You can readily learn — to you, tech is a means to an end. You’re not married to any language, framework, or ideology. You use the right tech for the job and can learn new tech quickly.
- You care about the business implications of the software you build — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line. You understand that software is built first and foremost for customers.
CartKit empowers digital businesses so that they can focus on what they do best: creating and selling their unique products and services.
Over 30,000 active businesses use our products from over 150 countries. We’re profitable and have doubled revenue year over year. We’re bootstrapped, growing quickly, and entirely distributed — find us in Colombia, Mexico, Pakistan, Poland, and the United States.
We aim to employ some of the best and brightest people in the world. A team of 7 builds products used by over 30,000 businesses. We’ve achieved more than teams that are 10x our size by relentlessly focusing on first principles, recruiting world-class talent, and building in-house tech that allows us to magnify our output.
We have a flat organizational structure; everyone is responsible and autonomous. We dislike bureaucracy and aim to eliminate operational inefficiencies. We don’t believe in long meetings or formalities.
We encourage the team to find the right balance between synchronous and asynchronous collaboration. Each team member is on a personal journey to maximize deep work, focus, creativity, and impact.
We believe in an Idea Meritocracy. We focus on adding value and building, getting work done in the best possible way, and making something greater than ourselves.
Flexible Working Hours (we rely heavily on async communication and collaboration)
Learning and Development
Diversity and Equality
Learning and Development
Diversity and Equality
CartKit believes good work deserves to be rewarded and doesn’t use remote work as an excuse to pay less.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit www.notion.so.