Aliens is building a news & content discovery platform designed to inform and inspire the world. If you get excited by the thought of joining a highly experienced, fast-paced global team and get excited about building the future, this role may be the one for you.
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Tech Lead with a background in shipping beautiful, high-performance, maintainable software to lead our tech team. At Aliens, you will tackle complex problems, experiment with open source solutions, and enjoy a culture that celebrates constant innovation. In this role, you will work on a completely unique and beautiful app and be able to pair your experience with a talented and fun team!
What you will do:
- Build and manage a team to accomplish company objectives for developing and implementing highly scalable news and push recommendation systems
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and coaching to the team
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners to understand business needs, set technical roadmap, and drive its major projects
- Able to work across product and platform organizations to orchestrate large scope projects that significantly improve news ranking and achieve key engagement KPIs
- Able to use state of the art machine learning technologies and iterate through multiple experiments to improve overall success metrics for news recommendation
- Lead or effectively delegate designing and developing high-level frameworks to integrate various contents, features, models into one single news ranking system. Able to effectively tradeoff overlapping/conflicting engagement metrics to optimize user experience in the interest of the company mission
- Introduce tools and best practices to accelerate our development process
- 5+ years of experience in designing machine learning algorithms, and applying them to real world problems
- In-depth machine learning expertise in natural language processing or recommendation systems and leveraging them through ML infrastructure so that they can be served at a large scale
- Able to have deep end-to-end understanding of sophisticated ranking systems and able to design high level frameworks to fundamentally improve the system
- Able to build a strong team through hiring, as well as mentoring/growing engineers by constantly challenging them with solid support
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- MS or BS in computer science, mathematics, physics or other quantitative fields
- Experience with cloud-based architecture (e.g. Amazon Web Services), preferred
- Strong interest in news media and our mission, preferred
- Direct experience with news recommendation, preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards creating opportunities for financial inclusion across the world. You’ll also be joining us at the beginning of a new chapter giving you the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of the company.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, remote-first startup environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the startup space.
- Remote: Work remotely with our global team.
- Salary & benefits: Get a competitive salary paid in CRYPTO – this will be tailored according to experience.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.