☀️ Highlights ☀️
- Chameleon is SaaS for product teams to create in-product UX (modals, banners, checklists, microsurveys etc.) to drive user engagement. Watch a short demo here.
- We’re a remote-first, Series A startup with ~25 team members, distributed across the Americas and Europe. Learn more about our team, company, and culture here.
- Looking for a Mid-Market Account Executive with 2+ years experience selling $15-50k/year B2B SaaS to mid-market companies (preferably semi-technical buyers)
- Salary: $70k base + commission (OTE $140k) + equity.
- Other benefits include Macbook, home office budget, company offsite, open vacation policy, for US-based employees: health insurance and 401k
- We feel our application process is different to others — interviewing isn’t the best way for either party to assess fit, so we try to resemble working together.
The Mid-Market Account Executive role
Why now is a great time to join Chameleon! 🦎
You would be joining a team that has found its groove and is excited about scaling, and a product that has customer love, but with tons of potential to transform how SaaS works.
Our customers (read case studies here) find a lot of value in what we offer; we have a high win rate in the market and a great retention and upsell rate.
We’re a team of ~25 (up from ~5 about 18 months ago) and we have two great AEs in our budding sales team. It’s a great chance to join at the ground level and shape the future of the company, and accelerate your career.
What you will do specifically
- Run our consultative sales process (avg. ~2 month cycle) from discovery call to agreement signature and kick-off
- Become an expert on Chameleon and our space (product-led growth, self-serve UX, SaaS) including use cases, best practices, competitive field, common objections etc.
- Send compelling emails to leads to nurture opportunities and book calls (We do have SDR capacity to focus on booking discovery calls, but expect AEs to send nurture emails, campaigns, and run discovery calls.)
- Showcase our product and specific features on calls, videos, emails, and answer deep questions in a thoughtful, consultative, and knowledgeable manner
- Manage commercials process, including liaising with our legal team and others to agree price points, and obtain signatures
- Improve our sales materials, such as decks, one-pagers, wiki etc. in collaboration with the wider team (marketing, ops, product etc.)
- Build our sales process and function to be more efficient and successful with ongoing scrutiny and constructive ideas
Skills and experience that will aid success in this role
- 2+ years experience in AE role (prospecting and closing) selling $15-50k ACV SaaS deals to mid-market (100-1000 employees) companies Preferably working with semi-technical buyers, ideally product teams
- 1+ years working at a SaaS startup (<50 employees)
- Excellent listening skills and ability to react intelligently based on what you hear
- Fast learner and expects a steep career trajectory
- Strong interest in product, UX, SaaS
- Interest in and aptitude for understanding technical topics (e.g. knowledge of front-end frameworks, data flows, DOM structure, CSS attributes, APIs etc.)
- Hates fluff and “sales tactics” — we bring a consultative, intelligent, informed culture to sales, not a brute-force or pushy approach.
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection
- You live in an Americas or European timezone (i.e. based in 🇨🇦 🇲🇽 🇧🇷 🇨🇱 🇬🇧 🇫🇮 🇵🇹 🇪🇺 etc.)
- This is your single full-time job (it won’t be part-time, hourly, temporary etc.)
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English