At Close, we’re building the sales communication and collaboration platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we’re leading the industry in sales automation—helping companies to close more deals, faster than ever. Since our founding in 2013, we’ve grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of 40 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We are seeking a Marketing Operations & Automation Manager that will be instrumental in managing our customer communications via email, on-site personalization, and chat, and will take ownership of our marketing analytics and success metrics.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with previous experience creating conversion-oriented communication campaigns and who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment. The successful candidate will be customer-focused, self-motivated and results-driven.
About The Role
You will be responsible for championing the features and benefits of the Close sales platform via customer communications and action-oriented data analysis. You’ll work closely with Danny (Director of Marketing) and our motley crew of marketing crushers.
The main KPIs owned by the Marketing Operations & Automation Manager:
Regular reporting on marketing success metrics including but not limited to
• New product trial generation
• Trial to customer conversion
• Customer retention
Monitor, iterate, and execute on our email strategy
• New trial and customer nurture via product education, resources, etc,
• Engagement triggered email notifications
• Promotional and campaign-based email communications
• On-site conversion rate optimization
• Lead and customer data management
• Own and optimize our marketing tool stack
• Report on marketing impacts on overall marketing KPIs
Just some of the things that will come across your [metaphorical] desk…
- Plan, oversee, and execute marketing campaigns targeted throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Devise top tier targeting, drip, trigger, and segmentation campaigns
- Accurately build and deploy e-mail campaigns globally: Create email comms (via plain text and HTML/CSS)Segment audiences based on behavior and demographics, Setup A/B tests around template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends, Ensure quality and accuracy
- Optimize our email approach over time by testing, analyzing and modifying campaigns to yield increases in deliverability, engagement, and conversion
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email
- Present results and recommendations to senior-level management on an ad-hoc and ongoing basis
- Elevate our overall approach to email marketing
- Be an in-house expert on marketing operations and technical configuration via integration and coordination of our marketing ops platforms
- Deploy scalable A/B testing on-site to drive product awareness and conversion, and identify actionable opportunities and best practices to improve campaign performance
- Identify target audiences and selection criteria, improve segmentation, and develop the process for dynamic data-driven campaigns
- Support Sales with data from our marketing efforts
- Design and analyze performance reports and dashboards to measure and optimize marketing ROI (including lifecycle metrics and multi-touch attribution)
- Take an active role in driving and managing the data capture and maintenance strategy (i.e. web form and data hygiene)
- Manage marketing database activities including list scrubbing, migration, importing and processing
- Oversee technical requirements for marketing campaigns
- 3+ years experience working within a B2B tech or SaaS organization
- 2+ years in an email/automation marketing role, with a track record of growing list size and successfully using this channel to strengthen the marketing funnel
- A proven track record of producing creative, well-executed campaigns on-time, within budget
- Technical expertise managing large data sets (migration, data clean, etc)
- Familiarity with popular blogging platforms
- Understanding of email marketing operations, technology, testing techniques, and platforms; specifically building requirements for list segmentation, workflows and triggered events
- Hands-on experience with email service providers like Customer.io, Hubspot, Drip, etc
- Experience with web and product analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to use these tools for in-depth analyses and uncover actionable insight.
- Knowledge of data capture and management strategies preferred (i.e. working with forms and managing data hygiene)
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work successfully on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to pivot to high priority tasks quickly when the need arisesHigh aptitude for learning new skills and the willingness to tackle new challenges
- Demonstrated knowledge of CSS/HTML code including email coding best practices, responsive rendering, and troubleshooting
- Strong eye for design and proficiency writing long form and short form copy
- Must be a highly intelligent, strategic, creative thinker who brings a positive attitude, a love of innovation, and takes pride in exceptional execution
- Equal parts creative and strategic, you’ll marry customer understanding/empathy and data-driven insights to ensure that our marketing initiatives are successful. What you don’t know, you’ll openly admit, but then you’ll get to work figuring it out (asking others for help and/or digging deep on your own). Your self-motivation and a relentless drive to learn/do more are appreciated by all. You pride yourself on being a “clever thinker”.
- You’re comfortable talking with and working alongside our product, sales, development, and customer success teams. You understand your critical part in the overall machine, graciously accepting thoughts and feedback from others while offering your own expertise where you can. You pride yourself on being “overly communicative” — keeping everyone up to date with the latest product marketing wins, losses, and initiatives.
- You are comfortable working remotely as part of a small team, with a high level of autonomy. You can devise your own schedule and effectively manage your workload based on the biggest opportunities and company objectives.
- When you’re in the wrong or make a mistake you can admit it. You can articulate why it happened and how you’ve learned from the experience.
- You are in a European or American timezone.
- Above all, you understand that your success—and our success—hinges on the satisfaction and loyalty of our customers.
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video)
- Competitive salary
- 7 weeks PTO (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
- $200/month co-working stipend
- Paid parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 99% premiums paid for excellent medical and dental coverage, including an HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Our story and team 🚀
- Glassdoor Reviews
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization – we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 13 countries and 16 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community.
This team is growing in more ways than one – we’ve recently launched 10 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.
Apply info ->
To apply for this job, please visit jobs.lever.co.